Anthem of the Seas for Senior Citizens - Jan 2018 12 Night Cruise from Cape Liberty

seabees

Does anyone have any things to recommend for 2 seniors (mid 70) to enjoy while on board the Anthem of the Seas on a Jan 2018 12 night cruise? One will be in a wheel chair. I'm familiar with the evening shows to be pre arranged for their evening. During the day they can enjoy the Solarium pool or enjoy the 270 lounge to view the ocean off the aft and/or people watch, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Does anyone have any things to recommend for 2 seniors (mid 70) to enjoy while on board the Anthem of the Seas on a Jan 2018 12 night cruise? One will be in a wheel chair. I'm familiar with the evening shows to be pre arranged for their evening. During the day they can enjoy the Solarium pool or enjoy the 270 lounge to view the ocean off the aft and/or people watch, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Did you also ask this question on the RCI forum. Those who cruise that line might have some suggestions.

We are seniors, and one of us also uses a wheelchair (Power Chair). We try and partake in as many of the venues and activities on-board any ship as possible.

Sail away

Bingo

Movie nights

High Tea

Shore talk excursions

Art Auctions

Strolling/Wheeling around deck

Going ashore where possible

Happy cruising!

We are seniors, and one of us also uses a wheelchair (Power Chair). We try and partake in as many of the venues and activities on-board any ship as possible.

Sail away

Bingo

Movie nights

High Tea

Shore talk excursions

Art Auctions

Strolling/Wheeling around deck

Going ashore where possible

Happy cruising!

Note to OP there is no high tea on RCCL ships.

There are some nearly secret accessibility modifications to the Anthem. The majority of the crew do not know about them. I've been back about a month now for a cruise on that ship. It wasn't until the third day into the cruise in near constant complaining on my part that anyone told me about things like the elevator that can take you down to the front of the theater they do I have to sit all the way in the back. Is to the left side and all the way at the back. The 270, another major entertainment venue, has a ramp along the right side of it that you can take down to the dance floors. Again, No one seem to hardly know about this and apparently it was never used. They had it completely blockaded with chairs that they were storing on it. Once asked, the cruise director was quite willing to move those chairs, but it should never been blockaded in the first place. The 270 also has an elevator in the back that can take you up to the balcony. They claim it is there to provide accessible seating. My experience with seating up there was the view was horrible. The majority of the stage was blocked by the edge of the balcony in front of me and a spotlight. There is a lift in one of the pools at the Solarium area in the front of the ship, I never used it, but I did see it there. There's also a path to the lower part of the Solarium viewing area at the very front of the ship. You'll have to get someone to show you the way and open two very heavy doors that they normally keep closed in order to use it. If I was not a person inclined to be a "squeaky wheel" (Pun slightly intended), I would have never been told about any of these things and my experience on the ship would've been much diminished. So, find the entertainment director or cruise director and tell them you want a tour of all the accessibility features on the ship. Make a list of everything I have mentioned here and take it with you to show them.