Upgraded Cabin Right in front of the elevators?

Aurora1525

Hey cruisers,

We'll be going on our first Viking Ocean cruise in a few days. Viking recently upgraded our cabin on Viking Sky from the 3rd deck to the 5th deck. I'm very happy with the upgrade (who wouldn't be!). However, the upgraded cabin is right in front of the elevators! My husband and I had picked our original cabin based on its location *away* from the elevators/stairs. My husband is a pretty light sleeper. Are we going to be hearing a lot of foot traffic and chatter in our newly upgraded cabin?

I am also a terrible sleeper, and on our Med Odyssey cruise we were right across from elevators on 6 th deck. Never heard the elevator or people. We are doing 4th deck across from elevators for our upcoming Homeland cruise.

We also have had cabins right at the elevators and never heard anything. In fact several times we opened the door to find someone looking at our door decoration. After a good laugh for startling each other, we met a fellow cruiser. It’s a great location.

Aurora1525, are you on Saturday’s cruise? We are. There is a rollcall for the cruise.

Mary Jane

We also have had cabins right at the elevators and never heard anything. In fact several times we opened the door to find someone looking at our door decoration. After a good laugh for startling each other, we met a fellow cruiser. It’s a great location.

Not only are the Viking ships well sound-proofed but the Viking passengers we have traveled with so far just don't seem to be a noisy bunch. I opened the door one morning and I was amazed at how much activity there was in the corridor; we never heard a thing. On our upcoming cruise, I actually chose a cabin right by the aft stairway.

I'd not expect the typical Viking Ocean passenger to be loud or a late night partier! No kids pushing all the buttons on the elevator for fun or drunks staggering down the corridor trying to find their cabin only to finally realize they are on the wrong deck .....

At least I HOPE NOT ... just booked 'Midnight Sun' for July .....

I'd not expect the typical Viking Ocean passenger to be loud or a late night partier! No kids pushing all the buttons on the elevator for fun or drunks staggering down the corridor trying to find their cabin only to finally realize they are on the wrong deck .....

At least I HOPE NOT ... just booked 'Midnight Sun' for July .....

We embark Saturday on our third Viking Ocean cruise, and you have the situation nailed down correctly. Corridors are church quiet at night.

Should be no problem with a room next to elevator/stairs: rooms are nearly sound proof, and Viking passengers are generally a very quiet bunch, even when they are filling up the stairs while waiting to get off the ship.