What type of clothing to take on my 7-day Caribbean Windstar cruise?

Explore the world

From the time you get up under dinner wear whatever you're comfortable in. Shorts and a casual top along with sandals are perfectly fine. For dinner you just need a top and skirt or dress for women and long pants and a collared shirt for men. Shoes instead of sandals for the men although dressy sandals are fine for women.

If there is a pre-dinner receiption dress before then.

BBQ night will be casual.

We're long-time WS cruisers so I pack a sport coat for any Yachtclub reception and a possible captain's dinner, but don't wear it any other nights.

and long pants and a collared shirt for men. Shoes instead of sandals for the men although dressy sandals are fine for women.

We're long-time WS cruisers so I pack a sport coat for any Yachtclub reception and a possible captain's dinner, but don't wear it any other nights.

Are fisherman's sandals okay for men with the long pants?

From the time you get up under dinner wear whatever you're comfortable in. Shorts and a casual top along with sandals are perfectly fine. For dinner you just need a top and skirt or dress for women and long pants and a collared shirt for men. Shoes instead of sandals for the men although dressy sandals are fine for women.

Actually, as a woman, I prefer to wear slacks and a collared shirt (or a nice blouse but usually just pack collared shirts).

I don't see anything on Windstar's dress code about sandals being prohibited for men. Nice sandals (not flip flops) should be fine.

Another casual-dressing woman here who packs for Windstar cruises with only a carry-on.

Brought two skirts on my first Windstar cruise - only wore one for our anniversary dinner at Candles. Next couple of cruises - only brought one skirt. Can't really remember if I wore them or not. Haven't packed a skirt on the last few cruises, just nice slacks/pants outfits. Have never felt out of place - once you are sitting down at a table, who's going to know whether you are wearing a skirt or slacks?:D

During the day while in port I typically wear crop pants or a skort with a tshirt or tank top mixing and matching along the way with good walking shoes. For dinner I bring along my cute sundresses and fun sandals. A couple of bathing suits and a coverup for beach days and you'll be all set. We've gone 17 days to Italy and 15 days to Ireland, all in a roller bag and small carry on for each of us. Makes it easy to use the trains in Europe and walk off the cruise when it's time to head home.

"Are fisherman's sandals okay for men with the long pants?" I think they should be fine. I often wear my Birkenstocks to cocktails and dinner along with long pants. Although my usual is a pair of nice black slip-ons. We are doing a BtoB on the Surf in January with the new itinerary. FWIW Jack in sunny Reno

"Are fisherman's sandals okay for men with the long pants?" I think they should be fine. I often wear my Birkenstocks to cocktails and dinner along with long pants. Although my usual is a pair of nice black slip-ons. We are doing a BtoB on the Surf in January with the new itinerary. FWIW Jack in sunny Reno

Thank you for that! We are on for 28 days, and want to take some of our SCUBA stuff, so are trying to limit what else we have to carry. We have a 14 day TransAtlantic and then 14 days going in circles around the Caribbean! Our first time on WS. We fly to Lisbon in a week!!

Relax. Windstar is not like other ships. Casual all the time. In the Caribbean, wear shorts daytime and crops, slacks, or skirts at night. Bathsuit, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses are a must. I have seen teenagers in shorts at night. Nice jeans are also worn. I have never needed a sweater or jacket in the Caribbean. Leave formal attire home. On my last cruise, some people dressed up. They looked out of place. If it rains, Windstar gives away ponchos. If you are sailing 28 days, you should get complimentary laundry. Pack light. Windstar laundry service is outstanding. Same day, ironed and on hangers. I usually put my laundry bag out in the doorway before going to breakfast. It is returned in the late afternoon.

Relax. Windstar is not like other ships. Casual all the time. In the Caribbean, wear shorts daytime and crops, slacks, or skirts at night. Bathsuit, hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses are a must. I have seen teenagers in shorts at night. Nice jeans are also worn. I have never needed a sweater or jacket in the Caribbean. Leave formal attire home. On my last cruise, some people dressed up. They looked out of place. If it rains, Windstar gives away ponchos. If you are sailing 28 days, you should get complimentary laundry. Pack light. Windstar laundry service is outstanding. Same day, ironed and on hangers. I usually put my laundry bag out in the doorway before going to breakfast. It is returned in the late afternoon.

Red, where does it say that Windstar does complimentary laundry for long cruises? I know that they do it for Star Collector cruises (those are cruises where they bundle two b2b cruises into one).

I'm booked on b2b cruises next spring - there wasn't a Star Collector for them when I booked and each was booked on a 7 for 7 special. They have a Star Collector for them now but the current fare on it is higher than my total by a lot more than the cost of the laundry package. The b2b is a total of 27 days so complimentary laundry would be nice.

Thank you! We do have the laundry package, and are hoping to pack as light as we can! We leave on Wednesday!

Red, where does it say that Windstar does complimentary laundry for long cruises? I know that they do it for Star Collector cruises (those are cruises where they bundle two b2b cruises into one).

I'm booked on b2b cruises next spring - there wasn't a Star Collector for them when I booked and each was booked on a 7 for 7 special. They have a Star Collector for them now but the current fare on it is higher than my total by a lot more than the cost of the laundry package. The b2b is a total of 27 days so complimentary laundry would be nice.

The Star Voyages are a new concept. They are 14+ days and often are really b2b sailings. Star voyages include complimentary laundry. Before star voyages, when I booked a b2b, I got a 5% discount on each cruise. I bought the laundry package. Call Windstar and ask if you qualify for the free laundry.

The Star Voyages are a new concept. They are 14+ days and often are really b2b sailings. Star voyages include complimentary laundry. Before star voyages, when I booked a b2b, I got a 5% discount on each cruise. I bought the laundry package. Call Windstar and ask if you qualify for the free laundry.

All the Star Collectors are b2b combinations of cruises. There is one that is 56 days (four b2b 14 day cruises). The ones I've looked at run from 12% to almost 30% off the regular prices of the combined cruises. But there are only Star Collectors for some of the b2b pairings and no b2b discount for the cruises that aren't covered by Star Collector cruises (at least that is what I was told).

I got each of my b2bs on 7 for 7 special and the total fare is about 9% less than the Star Collector fare.