Ship excursion on debarkation day? Anyone done it in Barcelona?

Hi all....I asked this on the question board, but thought maybe I should ask here too. We are not flying home until Monday morning after our Epic cruise to the Med. I booked a tour from the ship on Sunday that drops you at the airport afterwards, so we would have to take a taxi to our hotel afterward....it is near the airport, not a Norwegian booked hotel. Has anyone out there who has done this before know if your luggage is stored on the bus with you? I'm concerned that it may be shipped to the airport separately and we would have a problem getting it and grabbing a taxi. I'm also not sure if customer service at NCL would have the answer either, which is why I am asking here.......experience gives the best advice......Thanks so much........Patti

Is there any way you could cancel the ship - sponsored excursion which ends at the airport?

Last time, we booked a post cruise tour with Barcelona Day Tours. They were wonderful and held on to our luggage and dropped us at our hotel around check in time, 3 pm.

Only thing is they show up at 9:00 am to the port at the earliest.

We were so pleased with them, and you wouldn’t have to go to the airport.

https://barcelonadaytours.com

I agree with 4cats. There is no point in using a tour that drops you way out at the airport if you have a hotel in Barcelona for the night. Just leave the ship after breakfast in the morning, take a cab to your hotel and have them hold your luggage until you return later. Then you can go off and explore Barcelona for the day.

Yes, I agree no need to go on the ships tour. It's easy to just walk off (the ship remember no customs, etc) get your luggage and catch a cab to your hotel. Done it twice. The hotel will keep the luggage and you can get a tour from there. Have used BDT three times and can't say enough good things about them. Excellent.

BTW, the airport isn't close to the city so it's really going to double expense in taxi fare. Have a wonderful time in Barcelona. .

There should be a ship’s tour Monserrat that drops off at Las Ramblas. That’s what we did. It might cost a few dollars more than doing it yourself but when you factor in not having to deal with transportation leaving the ship and wasting time storing luggage at hotel, purchasing tickets etc it was well worth it to us. Our cruise ended on a Sunday so it was important to get to Monserrat early enough so we could see the black Madonna before the masses began.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone.......Thank you so much for all the thoughtful replies. My problem is that the hotel I have booked is near the airport, just a mile away and I booked that because they have a shuttle to the airport and breakfast, both free, and it would be easy to get to the terminal in the morning. I probably should have booked one downtown, just thought it would be better to be closer.Not sure how easy it is to get to the airport on Monday morning, but where I live, it is a traffic nightmare and with security and an international flight, I didn't want to risk it. I booked the Montserrat tour as an after thought so we would not have to sit around at that hotel with nothing to do until check-in, and we do not have time to do it before the cruise. Arriving Fri. morning, but I have Sagrada Familia tickets, HoHo bus tickets and a bunch of other things to see along with the jet lag! It seems like the only options I have are to cancel the tour or cancel the hotel and change to one downtown. Cruise is in 4 weeks, too!,,,,,,,,,,,,Patti

If your hotel is at the airport do the Monserrat to airport tour. Then take the hotel shuttle to the hotel and check in. If you feel up to it you can then go back to the city or just hang out at the hotel

If your hotel is at the airport do the Monserrat to airport tour. Then take the hotel shuttle to the hotel and check in. If you feel up to it you can then go back to the city or just hang out at the hotel

Hi.......thanks for replying. I thought about that too.....I would have to check with the hotel. The hotel web page says they have 24 hr. shuttle from the hotel to the airport but they don't mention pick-up service the other way. I'm just not sure how the cruise line does their final day excursion, if your luggage comes with you or is sent ahead to the airport, and if its sent ahead, that may be a hassle. I am looking into a tour to Montserrat with Barcelona day tours that someone else suggested, so if that is available, I will take that and cancel the ship tour. Their ad says they pick up at the port and will drop you at your hotel, so that would be perfect for us. The ship will only take you to their hotel and I'm sure it's a lot more expensive that way..............thanks again.....Patti

Is there any way you could cancel the ship - sponsored excursion which ends at the airport?

Last time, we booked a post cruise tour with Barcelona Day Tours. They were wonderful and held on to our luggage and dropped us at our hotel around check in time, 3 pm.

https://barcelonadaytours.com[/quote Hi......you must be a cat lover. I have one but my daughter who travels with me has 4 ...LOL. I want to thank you for the web site.....I checked it and their tour would work out perfect for us. I sent an email with a request and if they have a place for us to Montserrat, I will cancel the one with the ship. It sound really good. ..Patti

https://barcelonadaytours.com[/quote Hi......you must be a cat lover. I have one but my daughter who travels with me has 4 ...LOL. I want to thank you for the web site.....I checked it and their tour would work out perfect for us. I sent an email with a request and if they have a place for us to Montserrat, I will cancel the one with the ship. It sound really good. ..Patti

So glad it worked out for you [emoji4]

We did a Monserrat tour with them post cruise as well.

I now have two cats but did have four when I joined CC several years ago [emoji74]

Have fun.

We did a debarkation tour to Montserrat with Princess. We were at Montserrat by 9am and they dropped us at Placa Catalunya a little after noon and we walked to our hotel from there. It was a great use of time.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Monserrat debarkation tour off the Voyager of the Seas. All of our luggage was in the coach. I think that all cruise lines would want luggage and passengers to travel together.

It worked out fine for us except that this was our first cruise. Once I learnt more about cruising I realised that it was an expensive way to see Montserrat and to get to the airport. Barcelona Day Tours looks cheaper than we paid over ten years ago.

The OP would probably have been even better off getting a hotel near to Placa Catalunya where the frequent airport shuttle leaves. There would have been then the option of enjoying an evening out in Barcelona. Cancellations are probably too late and I understand the desire to be near to the airport for the morning.

We did a Monserrat debarkation tour off the Voyager of the Seas. All of our luggage was in the coach. I think that all cruise lines would want luggage and passengers to travel together.

It worked out fine for us except that this was our first cruise. Once I learnt more about cruising I realised that it was an expensive way to see Montserrat and to get to the airport. Barcelona Day Tours looks cheaper than we paid over ten years ago.

The OP would probably have been even better off getting a hotel near to Placa Catalunya where the frequent airport shuttle leaves. There would have been then the option of enjoying an evening out in Barcelona. Cancellations are probably too late and I understand the desire to be near to the airport for the morning.

Hi.......thanks for the reply. I am all set now thanks to suggestions on this site....isn't it great? I booked with Barcelona Day tours and cancelled the ship tour. This is an all day tour for the same price as the ship's 4 hr. one and includes a stop at a winery but the best part is that they will drop us off directly at the hotel near the airport that I have booked. I did lose the Shore excursion credit for that one but saved the cab fare from the airport and the aggravation of getting the luggage and finding the place where the cabs pick up, sometimes on a different level from drop off, so its all good. ............Happy sails.......Patti