TA - A few questions

12kadet

Hi

We are doing our first TA this fall taking the Getaway from CPH to Miami.

Will there be a different show every night in the theater or will it do a 7 days routine twice?

Will it be necessary to prebook show or can we just show up?

We will be traveling with 2 kids and from what I have researched it seems that there will probably be few kids onboard, but do you know if the kids club will be open even with few kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can not answer most of the questions, but I would strongly suggest you visit the ROLL CALL for your cruise. Some of this may be discussed.

I will say that it is not treated as two 7 day cruises (show schedule, etc), but one long cruise. They will surely do shows a bit differently than most cruises since it is so long.

Since you are already booked for this cruise, I would suggest that you go to your

Cruise Critic Roll-Call and ask same questions.

Maybe others have the same questions.

Any more questions?

On a TA, they usually repeat the "big shows". Book v show up......these days show up means joining a last minute queue.....you're better to book rather than queue.

On two TAs, Im not sure if Ive seen any kids.......

Hi

Will there be a different show every night in the theater or will it do a 7 days routine twice?

Will it be necessary to prebook show or can we just show up?

We will be traveling with 2 kids and from what I have researched it seems that there will probably be few kids on board, but do you know if the kids club will be open even with few kids?

Greetings!

We just did the reverse TA from Miami to CPH last month. The shows on our 16 day cruise were "Burn the Floor" and "Million Dollar Quartet" with both offered in 4 performances over 2 different days. NCL prefers you have reservations for performances. They also may be doing a Cirque type performance in the Illusionarium as a dinner show with an up charge.

It was worth it!

There were Less than 15 kids on our cruise, but the kids club was open and much more "hands on." Talked to parents and one child and the boy's opinion was, "this was the BEST cruise ever!" Think it may even have been an NCL employee and family.

There are other type shows, music, comedy, "Howl at the Moon" (our favorite!), etc. Lots to do, it is almost overwhelming!

Sharon LK

Thank you for the replies that was what exactly what I was looking for.

I am already on the roll call but thought this was a more general question about TA's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the TA from Copenhagen to Miami in 2014 and had just done a B2B cruise that went to Norway, Iceland and British Isles. Some of the shows were repeats due to our doing two cruises, but I don't think there were repeats on the TA.

General answers are not always easy as there is also a difference with ships. We have done a westbound TA on the Star and a recent eastbound on the Jade, both smaller ships. There is only one major show each night, at two different times and no reservations. On both 14 day TAs, the shows were different each night. The demographic is definitely much older and fewer kids. Very little repeats, they even had 14 versions of the daily Sudoku.

We have been on about five long cruises- four TAs and Panama Canal cruise. I have never seen a repeat show, although the same special performers may present a different show where they collaborate. Once, the dancers and singers presented a very "artsy" show they were working on that wasn't shown on the shorter cruises in Europe (7-10 days).