Cruise Director Review

tx121

Here it is...... Mike Szwajkowski

Have to agree Mike Szwajkowski was fantastic, but hands down, the best CD we have ever encountered on any cruise line is John Heald, Senior Cruise Director for Carnival Cruise Line.

Noticed that several people mentioned Drew Devine - just read he is headed to the Liberty in July. What ship has he been on and is he a real people person and out and about?

Carla

Sailed with him once on Oasis, and never saw him except for his intros to various shows and Royal Promenade events. He seemed to be a "me" person more than a people person IMHO.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

My absolute favourite is Richard Spacey , may have to sail on celebrity to see him again. No one else comes close for me [emoji30]

My least favourite Amy fickert, Enzo, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed with Amy Fickert once on a 17 day Radiance cruise around the top end of Australia and thought she was brilliant, so involved with the activities, highly visible and always happy to have a few words. Since she married and no longer works for RCCL neither of us are likely to sail with her again, which is a shame for me, but not you I guess. We all like different things in other people...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Noticed that several people mentioned Drew Devine - just read he is headed to the Liberty in July. What ship has he been on and is he a real people person and out and about?

Carla

We had him on Oasis, never ran into him outside of official events, but enjoyed him quite a bit.

I completely missed this discussion.

Favourite: Joff Eaton

Least Favourite: John Blair

My next new CD is Abe Hughes in 3 weeks on Harmony, who I am really looking forward to!

Loved Ricky Mathews! Disliked the CD on Adventure who had a voice like Sophia Vergara... she was loud and annoying....

Mercedes LaFuentes?

A thing to bear in mind with Oasis Class is that the CD is less visible than other ships.

Bobby was the most visible on Harmony, while I didn't see much of Jimmy/Oasis or Jerome/Allure around the ship.

I would bet Drew would be more visible on a Freedom Class ship.

A thing to bear in mind with Oasis Class is that the CD is less visible than other ships.

Bobby was the most visible on Harmony, while I didn't see much of Jimmy/Oasis or Jerome/Allure around the ship.

Drew & my DH are friends. Drew told him that the main reason he was moving from the Oasis was because he missed the guest interaction. No welcome aboard shows etc. His job was basically staff management.

Drew & my DH are friends. Drew told him that the main reason he was moving from the Oasis was because he missed the guest interaction. No welcome aboard shows etc. His job was basically staff management.

That makes sense. The Oasis Class is a difficult one to be CD on, so I do cut them some slack if they are not around much. I'm sure most CD's would be happy having the opportunity to be on an Oasis Class, but as Drew had been on OA for a while, I'm sure he was glad to get a smaller ship.

• 3 months later...
I love Carly Boileau. Sweet, personable, friendly, helpful, caring.

Abe Hughes is my baby, though. :):):):):):)

We will be sailing with Abe Hughes on Freedom in December for the first time. Looking forward to it! Michele was a good cd for the Mediterranean President's Cruise on Freedom last week as his ease with many languages was a real asset.

Casey Pelter, hands down best Quest I have ever been to [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOOKING AT THIS THREAD AGAIN AFTER AWHILE - Had Casey for 2 cruises, liked him, but I thought his quests were too PG and maybe its good, I don't think they really kept score and he randomly picked the winners.

We just got off of Harmony with Bobby Brown...the most invisible CD we have ever had. We never saw him until Day 3 when he finally introduced a show. I guess we are used to the CD welcoming everyone on the 1st day, especially at the first big show in the Theatre which was Grease. If you wanted to "see" what he looked like you had to turn the channel to his morning taping.

My favorites are: R. Spacey, and G. Seymour (love him singing "chasing Cars"...just beautiful)

We just got off of Harmony with Bobby Brown...the most invisible CD we have ever had. We never saw him until Day 3 when he finally introduced a show. I guess we are used to the CD welcoming everyone on the 1st day, especially at the first big show in the Theatre which was Grease. If you wanted to "see" what he looked like you had to turn the channel to his morning taping.

My favorites are: R. Spacey, and G. Seymour (love him singing "chasing Cars"...just beautiful)

Was your cruise hurricane shortened or effected? I know that threw a monkey wrench in schedules.

My all time favorite is LEIGH XUEREB hands down! Honorable mentions to Marc Bing Bong Walker and Abe Hughes.

Least favorite is John Blair...HANDS DOWN!!!

Leigh unfortunately is with Carnival now.

Same

I sailed with Leigh twice. First time as Activities Manager with Becky Thompson on FOS. Then as Cruise Director on IOS.

We sailed again on IOS a year later and had John Blair. Blech.

We were on Harmony the last week of August. Bobby Brown was the CD. He did not impress me.

Favorites: Drew Devine, Becky Thompson

Least Favorites: Amy Fickert (by Far, to be fair she was very new and on OA, which I don't think really shows off a CD that well)

Everyone else I've enjoyed, but they were average. First CD we had on DCL was quite different, he was older and mostly a staff manager, saw him all the time but he rarely actually lead anything. It was probably the best ran and my favorite activities team by far though.

I am on the Harmony and I find Bobby Brown to be a a$$ clown. 🤡 Sorry but that's how I feel and it will show in my survey. We want Abe Hughes back!

Abe is better, but Bobby isn't a bad CD, in my experience.

Can you elaborate on why you would use that term to describe him?

• 2 months later...

Disappointed in Abe after all we heard. B2B on Freedom and all of his jokes were tired and old by the 2nd week. No variety or spontaneity. On an itinerary as varied as the 6 day Western Caribbean and 8 day Eastern Caribbean, there were a lot of people doing B2B so he should account for that. Nice enough guy, though.

Karen