Toddler Friendly Excursion recommendations - St Thomas, St Maarten - April 2018

SailorTodd

I am going on a cruise with a 3 yr old and 9 mo old in April, stopping in Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten. Taking into account closures due to last year's hurricanes, what are some toddler friendly excursions any of you would recommend?

In St Thomas, was originally going to do the Blackbeard's Castle walking tour, but that fort is still closed from what I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from st Maarten. It was great but very sad to see how badly the hurricane damaged their beautiful island.

We traveled with 4 kids ages 7 months-6 years old. We did a private tour with Bernard’s tours. He took us from the port around the island in a nice air conditioned van. We stopped at different t scenic spots, then a place to feed TONS of iguanas. After that he took us to a beautiful toddler friendly beach and afterwards we had lunch st the restaurant in Maho beach. The kids loved watching the planes land and there is a pool at the restaurant which was fun. This is the second time we used them. Great drivers and great company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like trunk bay on St John’s. That is what we always do in St Thomas. We usually take the ship excursion to make it easier. Beautiful beach. Gentle not deep or sharp slope crystal clear water. Adults can take turns snorkeling. Water is generally calm so you kids can sit and play or splash in the shallow water. Often some fish will even come up to your kids in the shallow area so they can see fish. It is calm enough you could hold the baby and wade in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Thanks 1