Where to find the BEST last minute deals!!!!

kelbell

DH and I are becoming snowbirds, we love cruising I really want to take advantage

of living near Tampa being able to cruise last minute. ALL that said does anyone know

any hidden ways of getting great last minute deals?

Thanks Tracey

Love how so many people think there are hidden secrets, in today's world of the Internet, and operations like Cruise Critic, that has tens of millions of posts...

Check with the cruise lines you are interested in. Many cruise lines have an operation for notifying locals of last minute sailings with openings.

CruiserBruce, what's up with the hostility? Yes I am aware of the "internet". Your wit is pathetic, it was a simple

non serious question. Thank you for the other responses. Those of you who understood its just a question.

DH and I are becoming snowbirds, we love cruising I really want to take advantage

of living near Tampa being able to cruise last minute. ALL that said does anyone know

Thanks Tracey

For very last minute deal's.

I surf ncl.com day and night up to the night before a cruise. ;)

The "hidden secret" is to register your e-mail (or create a new e-mail for just this purpose) with many reputable high volume cruise agencies. This will get you access to some of their most special deals which are often fine with the cruise lines as long as they are not posted on a public site. The top cruise agencies do not charge any fees for giving you access to their best deals...but one always needs to conduct their own due diligence by reading the fine print and shopping around.

Hank

We're on various mailing lists, but we met a couple in Spain whose TA checks every ship sailing out of Spanish ports in winter, and rings them to say- get your bags and be at Barcelona (or similar) tomorrow at noon. They have cruise suitcases always ready, and when we met them, had taken 10 cruises over winter, for low,low prices!

Edited by jocap
Silly mistake!

I sometimes find a great price through an email promotion directly from the cruise line. Other times it's been through an email from one of the travel agencies that I've signed up with. Other times it's been just poking around a cruise line's website. I've placed a hold on cruises doing the latter and then called a travel agent whose agency can do even better, usually by giving us additional onboard credit.

CruiserBruce, what's up with the hostility? Yes I am aware of the "internet". Your wit is pathetic, it was a simple

non serious question. Thank you for the other responses. Those of you who understood its just a question.

Actually, his suggestion to connect with cruise lines as a local who is interested in last minute options was perhaps the most useful respons to your post.

What's up with YOUR hostility?

Thanks Tracey

Tracey,

Congratulations! I would love to be a snow bird some day!

I have no tricks up my sleeve to get any last minute hidden deals, but would suggest scanning the internet, googling 90 day tickers, checking out cruise lines websites and even calling cruise lines or travel agents.

Do not be put off by people's hostility on this board. Perhaps them and their fan boys are just sorry souls in need of making other people feel little. You go ahead and ask away!