First Hand Experience with Free NCL Ferry to St. George

#1TravelMom

I read in another post that the 9am ferry had a tremendous line and that people who lined up at 7:30am did not get on. We will not be lining up at 7:30 - for sure. My question - if this ferry was full, did the 9:30 public ferry have room. Has anyone had experience with the public ferry being full? Also, any indication what they will do if the last ferry back is full - because the public ferry departs 30 minutes prior? Just wandering if that would leave us with the bus as the only option to return?

I saw huge lines. This is why we took a ferry to Hamilton, then a bus to Crystal Caves and another one to St George's.

We did take a ferry back from St George's to Dockyard and it wasn't crowded.

I saw huge lines. This is why we took a ferry to Hamilton, then a bus to Crystal Caves and another one to St George's.

We did take a ferry back from St George's to Dockyard and it wasn't crowded.

I can understand huge lines since it seats 400 people. I read elsewhere that no one had a problem getting a seat once that line moved. Did you hear otherwise? Thanks for sharing your experience. We will be there next week.

We took the 9 AM NCL "tender" to St George on 5/22 and there was not a huge line. We walked on around 8:50 and we sat together on the main deck. We returned on the 3:45 and deliberately did not stand in line but waited til near the end and sat apart on the main deck. They do track how many people are boarding with a clicker device but I did not see them actively looking at cards to board. Alain did say that other cruise line passengers did try to board our tender but were refused.