Cruise from Cape Liberty -- Stay near Financial District

ba1967

Book on Anthem out of Cape Liberty on May 26. Flying into LaGuardia on 25. Husband wants to do Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island maybe 911 memorial. Dinner in Little Italy. Thinking of staying closer to Battery Park/Financial District. Any thoughts on where to stay that would be near good subway station. Also ideas on getting to port from financial district. Plan on coming back to city and staying nearer Midtown post cruise

Look at Double Tree Hilton Financial District. It is showing $206 for the night. It’s within walking distance to Battery Park and WTC. I’ve stayed here for a staycation. The only thing wrong with it is the elevators are slow as molasses. Otherwise it is in a great location. Walk to Bowling Green subway. Or plenty of nice places to eat if you don’t go to Little Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everything is concentrated in lower Manhattan. The streets are narrow and the subway stations are physically much closer together than they appear on the Manhattan Subway map - http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

Fulton St is a massive Station with several lines. Basically all the lines that go up various avenues to midtown are easily accessible from the Wall St/World Trade area.

Would you consider accessible public transit to Cape Liberty? I am actually doing that tomorrow and will be posting about it in the next few weeks.

Look at Double Tree Hilton Financial District. It is showing $206 for the night. It’s within walking distance to Battery Park and WTC. I’ve stayed here for a staycation. The only thing wrong with it is the elevators are slow as molasses. Otherwise it is in a great location. Walk to Bowling Green subway. Or plenty of nice places to eat if you don’t go to Little Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bowling Green? Is that safe?

Wasn't there a massacre there last year?

Bowling Green? Is that safe?

Wasn't there a massacre there last year?

Massacre? Is this a joke? Bowling Green is in the heart of Wall Street. It is also a block from the ferry station in Battery Park. There is no place in the Financial District that I would consider unsafe.

Massacre? Is this a joke? Bowling Green is in the heart of Wall Street. It is also a block from the ferry station in Battery Park. There is no place in the Financial District that I would consider unsafe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_Green_massacre

Different Bowling Green + fictitious incident. Agree about the level of safety in the Financial District (lower Manhattan).

Post cruise you might consider Radisson Martinique (Herald Square area)....stayed a few days at this hotel with extended family...great convenient location and wonderful rooms.

For transportation try Dial7 or Carmelimo...google for info on booking.