One-Day Trip from Mumbai to Taj Mahal

ilovhywd

Viator offers a one day shore excursion to the Taj Mahal from Mumbai for a very reasonable cost of $500 per person including round-trip flights and transportation to and from the site. Since we will have 3 days in Mumbai in April, this sounds like a good idea for the middle day.

Has anyone done this trip and has anyone had experience with Viator or another tour company in Mumbai? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much time do you get at the Taj mahal?

You will spend most of the time travelling and be there when the majority of other visitors will be there. You will miss the best parts of the day, sunrise and sunset.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think this would be really a tough tour to do in 1 day. I did a 3 day 2 night tour. You have to fly to New Delhi and from there you take either a train or car to Agra. Travel time by car is 2-5 hours depending on traffic.

Viator offers a one day shore excursion to the Taj Mahal from Mumbai for a very reasonable cost of $500 per person including round-trip flights and transportation to and from the site. Since we will have 3 days in Mumbai in April, this sounds like a good idea for the middle day.

Has anyone done this trip and has anyone had experience with Viator or another tour company in Mumbai? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't do it - JMO. Save your money.

The Taj is best at sunrise and sunset.

Annie

CHeck how long your travel time really is, waiting at airport,transfer to Agra. It is a marvellous sight but 1 day sounds like very limited time there. Also factor in time to get from front entrance to Taj entrance, we took a small golf cart, plus waiting in line to enter. Research it thoroughly and if you go I hope you enjoy it,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would think this would be really a tough tour to do in 1 day. I did a 3 day 2 night tour. You have to fly to New Delhi and from there you take either a train or car to Agra. Travel time by car is 2-5 hours depending on traffic.
We did this in 2001. Stayed at the Oberoi New Delhi took the train to Agra but stayed 3 days.Then onto Mumbai where we boarded our cruise.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app