Upcoming Winter Olympics?

Jonibme

Has anyone cruised with Princess during a global sporting event like the upcoming Olympics?

We will be on the Caribbean Princess for a 10 day round trip Panama Canal trip and were just wondering if we might get to enjoy the most popular events on a big screen on board?! We have enjoyed the Superbowl on board once... party poolside and all! It was really nice!

Thanks and smooth sailing!

On previous cruises have seen parts of the World Series, a World Cup final and many NFL games on MUTS as well as in the theater and Vista lounge. Whether or not the Olympics play may depend on passenger interest and on what networks control the feeds for certain events.

We were on a B2B Japan cruise during the summer olympics. We didn't see anything on the big screen. There were "event of the day" newspaper type things available in the library which had brief articles about the olympics and the medal counts. In fairness, I didn't check the various lounges.

Chances are there will be no Olympics shown on the ship due to the very high cost of the broadcasting rights.

The last time we were on Princess during the Olympics, there was an insert in the Patter each day giving the highlights from the previous day. I do not know if they are still doing this.

Awwwww. I admit I'm a little disappointed. I thought it would be fun to enjoy this with the"global" crowd of cruisers! You know... Many countries agree represented inn the passenger manifest! It could be a fun scenario to base a lot of poolside games and activities on... Oh well... We will have to get our house sitter to record our favorite events... Cruise on!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums