Issues with free drinks promo

betterthanvegas?

Hi,

I've just booked this minute via an Irish online travel agent. They assured me over the phone that once I booked a non-guarantee OV room, we'd be eligible for the free classic package. In my booking, this is not noted. Also, when I log on to celebrity, it isn't noted although my booking is "on hold" as opposed to confirmed. Anyone else have any issues or not see their promo in their reservation. The main reason we booked OV was for the package. Really hope there are no issues...

Greetings

My experience was that it took awhile before the drink package appeared on the web site. It was well after the booking changed to "confirmed". Not sure why it takes them so long to get the info correct. The package did eventually show on the web site.

Good Sailing

Tom

Sometimes the free packages don't show until after the promo has ended.

We've recently booked for next year, and the package we've got ends at the end of this month.

I'm assuming that it will show sometime after that

Lou

Prob same promotion. I suppose I'm nervous as the website I booked with didn't advertise the promo. Once I called them they knew what I was talking about and were surprised it wasn't on the website. I've called celebrity though and they told me once I book within the promotion window and book the correct category, it's fine. I'm a worrier!

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I'm sure it'll be fine as I know I booked an applicable cabin and the offer is still on. If it hasn't shown up by mid August, I'll call celebrity and/or the online agent. The difference between the cabin we booked and an interior one is prob more than we would spend on drinks but I'd love to have the freedom and ease to buy something knowing it's paid for.

Hi,

I've just booked this minute via an Irish online travel agent. They assured me over the phone that once I booked a non-guarantee OV room, we'd be eligible for the free classic package. In my booking, this is not noted. Also, when I log on to celebrity, it isn't noted although my booking is "on hold" as opposed to confirmed. Anyone else have any issues or not see their promo in their reservation. The main reason we booked OV was for the package. Really hope there are no issues...

Hi, betterthanvegas,

If you are concerned, I would contact your travel agent and ask that they resend your booking confirmation details, showing that you have the promo. Then you will be sure of it and not worry anymore.

Happicruisin, yes, I intend to do that alright. I like to have things in writing! to be honest though I think they were a little annoyed with me as I decided to book it online rather than pay an extra €100 by booking over the phone. I just didn't see the point... But hopefully they will comply with sending me a confirmation that I have the package.

Wallie5446, we're going with the infinity from harwich on sep 30th. Never been to Paris so that was part of the draw plus never been on longer than a 7 night cruise so wanted to do a longer one. Also celebrity is v competitively priced compared to Norwegian, RCI and carnival and appears like a superior product. Really looking forward to it.

Happicruisin, yes, I intend to do that alright. I like to have things in writing! to be honest though I think they were a little annoyed with me as I decided to book it online rather than pay an extra €100 by booking over the phone. I just didn't see the point... But hopefully they will comply with sending me a confirmation that I have the package.

Wallie5446, we're going with the infinity from harwich on sep 30th. Never been to Paris so that was part of the draw plus never been on longer than a 7 night cruise so wanted to do a longer one. Also celebrity is v competitively priced compared to Norwegian, RCI and carnival and appears like a superior product. Really looking forward to it.

Enjoy your cruise and Paris!! it took a long time for our beverage package to show up on our reservation. Ask your TA to give you written confirmation of the package. :):)

We have a March 2014 cruise that we booked in April 2013 and the drink package still isn't showing up.

I did get confirmation in writing but to out myself at ease I called X to inquire about the cost of upgrading to the premium package (I already knew the cost :rolleyes:) and was pleased to hear the X report confirm I had the drink package as well as to confirm the cost to upgrade.

On both of my current bookings the promo drink package didn't show up at first. I called my TA, they checked with X and told me that it is noted. Did that for both cruises about two weeks after booking.

Somewhat later, it appeared on "My celebrity".

If your TA says that is assigned, don't worry. :)

We have a March 2014 cruise that we booked in April 2013 and the drink package still isn't showing up.

I did get confirmation in writing but to out myself at ease I called X to inquire about the cost of upgrading to the premium package (I already knew the cost :rolleyes:) and was pleased to hear the X report confirm I had the drink package as well as to confirm the cost to upgrade.

Hi RickT: We also booked and got the two classic packages via the promo; and I was wondering if X would let us upgrade to the premium package. Assume it's simply paying the difference?

Hi RickT: We also booked and got the two classic packages via the promo; and I was wondering if X would let us upgrade to the premium package. Assume it's simply paying the difference?

11.50 per day per person includes gratuity. You can wait until you get on board and they will pro rate the charge based on number of days left.

On both of my current bookings the promo drink package didn't show up at first. I called my TA, they checked with X and told me that it is noted. Did that for both cruises about two weeks after booking.

Somewhat later, it appeared on "My celebrity".

If your TA says that is assigned, don't worry. :)

I have my Celebrity confirmed booking invoice that reflects the promo package so I am not really concerned, but curious. Where does it show under My Celebrity and what does it say? To you have to have something else purchased for it to show? I cannot see it on line.

Thanks

I have my Celebrity confirmed booking invoice that reflects the promo package so I am not really concerned, but curious. Where does it show under My Celebrity and what does it say? To you have to have something else purchased for it to show? I cannot see it on line.

Thanks

Login to My Celebrity and view your reservation (if not already there, go to "my cruise summary" in the row on top). On the right hand side there is a second grey box "my cruise extras" where you can find it. You don't need anything else purchased to have it shown - but it needs some time to show up, when did you book?

Just click the screenshot i took and you will see how it will look like :)

9vjr.th.png

Thanks

I too have an email confirmation, but the pkg does not show up under my celebrity/my cruise extras - nor does it show up for another couple traveling with us. I'll also note that we booked in January, so it's not a timing issue.

I too have an email confirmation, but the pkg does not show up under my celebrity/my cruise extras - nor does it show up for another couple traveling with us. I'll also note that we booked in January, so it's not a timing issue.

I just checked, and it doesn't show up for me, either. I booked in February. My TA has confirmed that I have the classic package, so I'm not going to worry about it!

Login to My Celebrity and view your reservation (if not already there, go to "my cruise summary" in the row on top). On the right hand side there is a second grey box "my cruise extras" where you can find it. You don't need anything else purchased to have it shown - but it needs some time to show up, when did you book?

Just click the screenshot i took and you will see how it will look like :)

9vjr.th.png

I booked in Feb. I cannot read your attachment on my IPAD for some reason. I will try in on my laptop next time I am on it. I do not notice it on mine, but I will check it closer.

Thank you.

I do see the Cruise Extra section, but I do not anything listed.

Archived