Club class dining and full suite

Higgamang

I booked an upcoming cruise in a full suite prior to the roll out of club class. On my cruise personalized my dining is listed as anytime dining. I've read of others whose personalizer read club class dining. I just called Princess to ask them to refresh my booking to reflect the new dining. I was told because I am in the suite I am entitled to club class dining but the personalizer will still be listed as anytime dining. My question is: For others booked in a suite what does your personalizer say for your dining?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anytime. You will be fine. Not only will you have the breakfast in the specialty restaurant (the best suite perk imho), you will have the option of doing club class dining. You cruise card will have the word "suite" on it, and that is all you will need to access the club class dining.

Our previous cruise, we were in a full suite. Our personalizer had anytime dining listed and selected. Had no trouble getting into club class dining area. The names and cabin numbers of all full suite passengers were on the list of the girl checking at the door.

I know what you mean though, as on a future cruise we have a club class minisuite booked, and our personalizer option says club class dining. Wasn't there on our previous full suite cruise, but maybe because we had originally booked before the actual roll out...

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Forums mobile app

I booked an upcoming cruise in a full suite prior to the roll out of club class. On my cruise personalized my dining is listed as anytime dining. I've read of others whose personalizer read club class dining. I just called Princess to ask them to refresh my booking to reflect the new dining. I was told because I am in the suite I am entitled to club class dining but the personalizer will still be listed as anytime dining. My question is: For others booked in a suite what does your personalizer say for your dining?

It now shows as Club Class Anytime - after I changed our Princess Personalizer dining choice from Traditional 6PM. Also same on our docs for embarkation.

I changed my dining preference recently. The options to pick from were listed as Traditional Dining and Club Class Dining, but once I'd selected Club Class Dining, it then showed as Anytime Dining on the preferences summary. Weird, but I guess that if you're eligible for Club Class then Anytime actually means club class.

Hi - We have just returned on the Regal as Full Suite / CC dining, and our room card had our Elite status and 'Suite' on it. When we got to the dining area to be seated, she asked our cabin number, and they had a full list of suite and CC guests. Of course they know exactly who we were, so no need to worry. all worked out very well.

• 4 months later...

I am in a suite for our Alaska cruise coming up next week..I called Princess regarding club class dining..my current dining status is comfirmed traditional 6pm..I was told I needed to change my dining status to "anytime dining" in order to "qualify" for Club Class dining? Also, per Princess, morning breakfast perk is only if you have Club Class Dining..so if I decide to keep my 6pm tradtional dining time I will not be able to go to breakfast which we enjoy very much..that doesn;t sound right..but I was on hold three times for over 15 minutes while we sorted it out..still doesnt seem right that I cant go to breakfast unless I am anytime dining with club class perk..

any insight greatly appreciated..

I am in a suite for our Alaska cruise coming up next week..I called Princess regarding club class dining..my current dining status is comfirmed traditional 6pm..I was told I needed to change my dining status to "anytime dining" in order to "qualify" for Club Class dining? Also, per Princess, morning breakfast perk is only if you have Club Class Dining..so if I decide to keep my 6pm tradtional dining time I will not be able to go to breakfast which we enjoy very much..that doesn;t sound right..but I was on hold three times for over 15 minutes while we sorted it out..still doesnt seem right that I cant go to breakfast unless I am anytime dining with club class perk..

Not sure what ship you are on but......

The suite breakfast perk has nothing to do with CC dining and is available all the time for suites regardless of anything else.

Breakfast will be held in one of the dining rooms and has nothing to do with traditional dining as its open seating. The same for lunch. They will have a CC section during those times which you can use.

If you are in a suite, you may use Club Class dining for breakfast and lunch even if you have traditional dining for dinner. They just don't want you to use Club Class for dinner if you have traditional, since you would be using two seats in the dining room at the same time.

The only time I use Club Class dining for breakfast when I'm in a suite is on disembarkation morning. On the other mornings, you have the suite specialty dining in Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. Although you could use Club Class breakfast, why would you want to?

I agree with others that you got bad advice re Breakfast perk. Enjoy Sabatinis.

As for Traditional dining, sounds like you got the right info. It confused me at first until I understood (a) you can still dine every night at 6pm if you choose, but with C C you have the flexibility of time if you want it, still with no waiting and now with improved quality/choice/service, and (b) by moving to Anytime, it releases your table in the MDR for others, while you enjoy CC.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the post..that makes more sense..so I'm hearing there is still breakfast in Sabatinis? My wife loves that perk. It does make sense to change to anytime dining thus freeing up two spaces for traditional 6pm in MDR..and like you said if we want 6pm we still have it:cool: BTW we are on the Grand Princess, already checked and they do have the CCD but the suite perk breakfast at Sabatinis is awesome glad its still available.

thanks for the post..that makes more sense..so I'm hearing there is still breakfast in Sabatinis? My wife loves that perk. It does make sense to change to anytime dining thus freeing up two spaces for traditional 6pm in MDR..and like you said if we want 6pm we still have it:cool: BTW we are on the Grand Princess, already checked and they do have the CCD but the suite perk breakfast at Sabatinis is awesome glad its still available.

I got off the Grand recently, and they did not have the suite breakfast at Sabatini's. The had moved it to Crown Grill. The head waiter said they moved it because they have more room in the Crown Grill; specifically, they have a lot more window tables. The suite breakfast itself has not changed - it was the same in the Crown Grill as it had been in Sabatini's.

The suite breakfast is not available on disembarkation morning. That is the one morning we ate Club Class breakfast. The Club Class breakfast was in its normal location that morning, even though the MDR breakfast had moved to the aft dining room to free up the midship dining rooms for disembarkation groups. While we were eating breakfast, we kept hearing disembarkation announcements from the other side of the dining room.

I just booked a suite for my 2019 cruise. I see club class dining as a perk. If you go with the club class dining is it at any time that you want or do they give you a time?
Any time you want. Just make sure you show up at the right dining room. :D Made the mistake of going to a different MDR not designated with CC section on our second night. LOL!

I just booked a suite for my 2019 cruise. I see club class dining as a perk. If you go with the club class dining is it at any time that you want or do they give you a time?

No need to give a set time ... just go in anytime you wish! :)

Club Class is anytime dining.

Yes, anytime. And you get to eat breakfast in sabatinis. We ate in cc for breakfast one morning and it didn't compare to sabatinis. The orange juice is fresh squeezed in sabatinis. The espresso is made right there where you can see/hear it. It's very very good!

• 6 months later...

Which dining room is the Club Class section located on Sapphire Princess? We have just booked for September. We loved Club Class on Crown Princess this year. Done anytime you want. Quiet tables, get to know your waiters etc

Edited by pressie
Spell check