Royal Princess: Her 2017 New Year's Cruise

rkacruiser

I'd appreciate learning what your experience was aboard Royal Princess on New Year's Eve. Details about the evening's events that the Cruise Staff offered is the information I am seeking. Was there a special dining room menu offered for New Year's Eve?

Why am I asking for this information? I am seriously considering making a booking for Royal Princess' 2018 New Year's Cruise. I would like to know what I might expect.

Thanks for your assistance in providing information to my request.

I was on the Royal NYE 2017. It was formal night. In the MDR they gave out Happy New Year headbands to the ladies and cardboard top hats that said Happy New Year to the men. The MDR had a special menu. It included lobster 3 ways (two lobster tails where one was in butter and also lobster risotto). The dessert menu was different too. At 7 pm was the Captain's Champagne Waterfall (like other formal nights).

At 10:15 pm in the Piazza was the New Years Eve Balloon Drop Party. I was there at midnight. It was wall to wall people.

At the Fountain Pool on Lido deck was a dance party with a DJ and the Executive Officers along with the CD.

wheelhouse Bar - Black Tie New Years Celebration for a quieter celebration. Not sure why they called it Black Tie. We walked by but hardly any black ties there.

Vista Lounge - the piano entertainer from Crooners had a show.

Xmas decorations were up even as we were getting off on Jan 9 but on NYE they put up some happy New year displays. I think they were gone by the next day.

Fun night.

• 2 weeks later...
I was on the Royal NYE 2017. It was formal night. In the MDR they gave out Happy New Year headbands to the ladies and cardboard top hats that said Happy New Year to the men. The MDR had a special menu. It included lobster 3 ways (two lobster tails where one was in butter and also lobster risotto). The dessert menu was different too. At 7 pm was the Captain's Champagne Waterfall (like other formal nights).

At 10:15 pm in the Piazza was the New Years Eve Balloon Drop Party. I was there at midnight. It was wall to wall people.

At the Fountain Pool on Lido deck was a dance party with a DJ and the Executive Officers along with the CD.

wheelhouse Bar - Black Tie New Years Celebration for a quieter celebration. Not sure why they called it Black Tie. We walked by but hardly any black ties there.

Vista Lounge - the piano entertainer from Crooners had a show.

Xmas decorations were up even as we were getting off on Jan 9 but on NYE they put up some happy New year displays. I think they were gone by the next day.

Fun night.

You'll enjoy NYE on board!

Everything Dickinson said nice summation! and the MDR menu was a one-off and marked for New Year's Eve -- our waiter noted that this menu is only rolled out only on New Year's Eve. We were glad we chose to eat in the MDR that night. And as far as entertainment - there was something for everyone -- every room was given a short "crib sheet" highlighting the different events. Enjoy!

Woodinville,

Many thanks for your affirmation of what dickinson described for NYE!

Royal Princess's events may "blow away" what I have experienced on Prinsendam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Zaandam during that evening.

But, on Prinsendam, when we were sailing in the Atlantic Time Zone at Midnight, the Cruise Staff had the major Party/Celebration in the Showroom at Sea, during which the ship's Master also participated as Midnight approached. The Party then moved to the Ocean Bar where a big screen had been set up and tuned to the Times Square Celebration with more live music. At Midnight, EST, when the Ball dropped in Times Square, we celebrated again! And, at that time of "day", many of the Staff were able to join us in the Ocean Bar for a NYE that I will never forget.

My memory of NYE on the Prinsendam is what Royal Princess needs to meet. Based upon the above postings, I don't think I will be disappointed!!!