Feb28th Royal upsell offer for inside room to balcony

pa247

Just received this offer and posting for anyone who may be interested. We're not taking it as we are hardly in the room.

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE FEBRUARY 28, 2018 SAILING OF ROYAL PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views. A DELUXE BALCONY STATEROOM is also available and includes a separate seating area with a sofabed for lounging. Please note, select categories may have a partially obstructed view.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

DELUXE BALCONY (Cat D4-DF) - $259 USD/$376 CAD* per person**

STANDARD BALCONY/OBSTRUCTED DELUXE (Cat DV-BC)- $159 USD/$231 CAD*per person**

This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri) 1-800-243-7342 extension 30746. Offer is based on availability and space is limited.

*CAD pricing estimate only, see details below. **Single occupancy pays 200%.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's not a good upsell in my opinion. Last year on the Royal, 10 day Caribbean I accepted an upsell from a deluxe balcony to a mini for $149PP. I've also read lots of threads for this year's Caribbean season where folks in interiors are receiving free upgrades to balconies.

I would call Princess and ask for a comp upgrade to a balcony, doesn't hurt to ask.

That's not a good upsell in my opinion. Last year on the Royal, 10 day Caribbean I accepted an upsell from a deluxe balcony to a mini for $149PP. I've also read lots of threads for this year's Caribbean season where folks in interiors are receiving free upgrades to balconies.

I would call Princess and ask for a comp upgrade to a balcony, doesn't hurt to ask.

The only Royal cruise I see on February 28 is a 20 day cruise. This is an inside to a balcony.

The only Royal cruise I see on February 28 is a 20 day cruise. This is an inside to a balcony.

We are on the Feb 28th sailing and it was sold as a 10 day cruise. I believe if you do the 20 day the one week you do the Aruba itinerary and the next week the Barbados itinerary.

Just received this offer and posting for anyone who may be interested. We're not taking it as we are hardly in the room.

PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO OUR VALUED GUESTS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE FEBRUARY 28, 2018 SAILING OF ROYAL PRINCESS.

Treat yourself by upgrading your accommodations to a BALCONY STATEROOM and enjoy the added space where you can relax outside and experience the unforgettable views. A DELUXE BALCONY STATEROOM is also available and includes a separate seating area with a sofabed for lounging. Please note, select categories may have a partially obstructed view.

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

DELUXE BALCONY (Cat D4-DF) - $259 USD/$376 CAD* per person**

STANDARD BALCONY/OBSTRUCTED DELUXE (Cat DV-BC)- $159 USD/$231 CAD*per person**

This offer is ONLY available by calling (Mon-Fri) 1-800-243-7342 extension 30746. Offer is based on availability and space is limited.

*CAD pricing estimate only, see details below. **Single occupancy pays 200%.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pretty expensive price to pay. You must be the 1st ones they have contacted hoping you change. The price will come down as they become desperate for your category.

Pretty expensive price to pay. You must be the 1st ones they have contacted hoping you change. The price will come down as they become desperate for your category.

Princess is probably not desperate for their category.

What they are probably desperate for is to sell the unsold balcony cabins.

Sounds similar to what happened before my Royal transatlantic in October. Sailing single, what sounded like an o.k. deal, wasn't when I realized I had to pay double. I kept my inside cabin.

When I checked in, I got my first upgrade to an obstructed deluxe balcony cabin on Emerald deck, a few cabins from my chosen location. I was pretty happy, and thankful I didn't pay the extra for the offer.

Cruising since 1982, some 30 cruises half with Princess, my first upgrade! :) I did have a small suite on the Norway one time but because my cabin flooded rather badly and they had to move several cabins.

We are on the Feb 28th sailing and it was sold as a 10 day cruise. I believe if you do the 20 day the one week you do the Aruba itinerary and the next week the Barbados itinerary.

Nope, we are on the March 10th cruise on the Royal. Its itinerary is Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Martinique, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, and back to Ft. Laud. We have had no free or upsales to my knowledge. But then I am already in a CC mini.

Pooh