Ships Horns

Morris4me

The Ruby is a BEAUTIFUL ship you'll love her. I practically lived on that ship when it was docked in Ft. Lauderdale, up until the Royal and Regal came out. I was last on her last July for Alaska, and she is great shape and is just as wonderful as I remembered. I will be back on the Ruby this June for another Alaskan cruise. Enjoy your trip :)

Captain played the Love Boat theme about 8 times as the Royal sailed down the fjord from Kotor, Montenegro and out into the Adriatic Sea. The music echoed off the mountains as we went. Cars liked the coastal road as people waved goodbye to us

• Like 1

I was on freedom of the seas in 2014 and the regal princess sounded it’s loveboat theme horn twice when we left during a horn war will be hearing it again in may when I go on Regal Princess I am hoping they sound it at noon on seadays like Disney does

My favorite is when one of the big white hulks from another cruise line sounds its horn...which typically sounds like a large belch, and after a couple of "invitations," one of the more melodic ships responds with a tune. All time best horn war ever, even though my favorite ship "lost" was when we were on the Magic and were cruising past the Fantasy. The Magic tooted her one and only song, and the Fantasy responded with the next line. Magic gave her salute again, and Fantasy played the next programmed song. We went thru all of the 8 songs then available on the Fantasy.

• Like 1

Only heard the song played with one of the dance parties and the Cruise director getting everyone up and dancing. lol This was on the Emerald. I know when the horn goes, it is the normal. We were up in the spa when we were leaving Cabo and the horn was so freaking loud. lol

If you copy this down to your laptop you could play it in port when you need to. If the link doesn't work, let me know right away.

Link

Link takes you to a google picture album with a video. Click on the video and it should play the horn after it has loaded. (10 meg)

I do not recall hearing the Love Boat theme other than during sailaway

Some ports have rules against the horns unless in an emergency situation within the port. The port in the link above no longer allows the Royal to play the horn, but in 2013, the city council was on a boat along side as we left asking on the radio for the captain to play it over and over before this rule was put in place.

If you copy this down to your laptop you could play it in port when you need to. If the link doesn't work, let me know right away.

Link

Link takes you to a google picture album with a video. Click on the video and it should play the horn after it has loaded. (10 meg)

Someone has a you tube video on another board about Royal's Horn that might be easier to watch.

We were on the Regal last week and loved hearing the "Love Boat" theme! It was our first time on the Regal, and hearing that just made me smile as we sailed away!

I'm booked on Royal Princess and would also enjoy hearing the "Love Boat" theme on sailaway. Where were you located on the ship when you heard this? On a veranda? On an upper open deck?

I'm booked on Royal Princess and would also enjoy hearing the "Love Boat" theme on sailaway. Where were you located on the ship when you heard this? On a veranda? On an upper open deck?

You will certainly here it anywhere on the open decks. As to verandas, the closer you are to the pool deck the louder the "love boat horn."

Hank

You will certainly here it anywhere on the open decks. As to verandas, the closer you are to the pool deck the louder the "love boat horn."

Hank

Having booked a lower deck veranda, I need to remember to be among the throngs on the upper outer decks at sailaway. Thanks for the advice; I appreciate it.