Arriving into Ashford on Eurostar from Paris, transfer to Dover

I will be arriving from Paris, via the Eurostar, into Ashford International. What is the best way to get to Dover? It looks to be about 30 minutes by car. Is a taxi the best option, and what is the approximate cost? We will be staying in Dover for a night pre cruise.

A taxi is one convenient solution and hopefully someone with local experience will be along with some options.

You could also stick with rail and take a direct train from Ashford International to Dover Priory and them just a local taxi journey to your hotel. There are frequent trains (usually - you don’t say when you are travelling) and the fare is £11.70.

Easy transfer. Get the train from Ashford International to Dover Priory and then taxi to the terminal. Trains mainly go at 2 minutes past at 15 minutes past the hour if it's off-peak. Takes under half an hour. You could get a taxi all the way if you want, but depends on the time as traffic can get heavy as it's the main route to Dover Port where the shipping goes from and if there are any problems in France (like strikes) then it's really bad. But I'd say it'll take about 40 minutes if the traffic is light. Cost would be from about £60, depending on how many people and how big a car you need. Ashford Taxis and Addison Lee can give you an online quote.

• 11 months later...

just in case anyone checks this thread, we had to get from Dover port to Ashford international for our eurostar train to france.

We used Britannia Coaches from the port (from the disney magic) to ashford international station.

They were fantastic and i highly recommend their service.

The driver was on time, courteous and an excellent driver.

In addition, they have an app that lets you know exactly where the driver is from about 2 hours before your pick up, so there's no doubt that he's on his way.

Definitely the company to go with if you want a driver to pick you up at the port and take you to ashford international.

We were a group of 9 people, so i booked their 16 person luxury coach.  

Again, highly recommended.  I would most definitely use their services again!