Royal M422 vs C320

jennybenny

So, we've never been on Royal class ships, but the balcony's seem super tiny.

Taking mom on her first ever cruise, hoping she loves it, and will continue cruising. She has a few issues, crowds make her uncomfortable, she doesn't like confined spaces (she never takes an elevator), and she's super excited about spending 10 days with her daughters without husbands or grand kids.

I was worried the balcony would be too small for her on C320 so we took the M422 cabin, however that's right below the sea view bar. So I am a little worried about noise. My sister and I stay out late, but not sure how late mom will stay out.

Should we keep M422 with the slightly bigger balcony or keep C320?

Just looking for opinions. :) Right now we can switch back if we need to. much to my TA's annoyance, I'm sure :)

Thanks,

How busy the Seaview bar is, depends on when and where Royal/Regal is sailing. It is seldom busy at night, especially when it is cold during our Canada/NE cruise in October. My guess is foot traffic in the area will not create much noise, if any, at M422. Even during our Southern Caribbean Medley in 2015, there was not much customer in the bar area except during the 30 minute bartender flair show at 2pm.

Edited by easyboy

How busy the Seaview bar is, depends on when and where Royal/Regal is sailing. It is seldom busy at night, especially when it is cold during our Canada/NE cruise in October. My guess is foot traffic in the area will not create much noise, if any, at M422. Even during our Southern Caribbean Medley in 2015, there was not much customer in the bar area except during the 30 minute bartender flair show at 2pm.

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that during our upcoming Caribbean cruise we will probably be okay

I don't care about the "privacy" issue as I love Grand Class Dolphin deck balconies and didn't even realize people might be looking down on us! [emoji4]

It's the nighttime noise I was worried about.

Appreciate the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in M416 over Christmas and noise from the bar was not a problem. We did hear people (probably kids) running on the lido deck and moving deck chairs from time to time, but it wasn't enough to bother us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your reply!! I'm so much more comfortable hearing you were not bothered by noise and that it was mostly daytime running around and chairs! We are cruising during spring break (didn't realize when we booked) but that's when mom is retiring so that's when we are going. So there could be as many kids as during Christmas and I'm Happy with our cabin selection [emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk