Liquor store hours in SF

hockeygal54

We are arriving SFO three weeks from tonite around 9:30 CA time and staying @ hotel near airport. Plan is to take shuttle back to SFO next morning then catch Bart and head to Embarcadarro station, get off and walk to pier. Time frame here around 10-11am. Will there be a place open that time of day to purchase our token two bottles of wine to take aboard the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are arriving SFO three weeks from tonite around 9:30 CA time and staying @ hotel near airport. Plan is to take shuttle back to SFO next morning then catch Bart and head to Embarcadarro station, get off and walk to pier. Time frame here around 10-11am. Will there be a place open that time of day to purchase our token two bottles of wine to take aboard the ship?

In California, liquor sales are allowed up until 2:00 am (beginning at 6:00 am), seven days per week...(And there's a bill currently going through the legislature to extend that to 4:00 am)...Liquor is sold at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and other outlets aside from liquor stores. In most large cities (San Francisco qualifies :) ), many stores are open late hours, even 24 hours...So, you should not have a problem finding some place to buy wine either near your hotel or on your way from the BART to the pier...(There is a liquor store at California and Drumm not far from Embarcadero Station... or a Safeway Supermarket at Davis and Jackson about five blocks from the BART on the way to the cruise pier...or there's a wine shop in the Ferry Building...

BTW, you do know that the walk you plan--from the BART Embarcadero Station to the cruise terminal is a little over a mile, dragging your luggage through city streets? You may want to consider a taxi for this segment--it's a fairly cheap fare...

BTW, you do know that the walk you plan--from the BART Embarcadero Station to the cruise terminal is a little over a mile, dragging your luggage through city streets? You may want to consider a taxi for this segment--it's a fairly cheap fare...

That's true, but also I believe it's one long sidewalk, without having to cross any streets, if I recall correctly. Driveways, yes, but there's usually enough pedestrian traffic that cars have a care.

Thanks for the succinct answers to my question and also the added input of the walking segment. All I can say about CA liquor laws is that you guys rock! Texas is much more restricted but our laws have lots of Baptist influence! And I'm not bashing baptists in any way, just a historical fact! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums