Mauritius Cruise Port

tring

I know Fred has not sailed out of Port Louis in Mauritius before, but has anyone called there on a cruise? If so, can you tell me how far it is to the port gate from where the ship docks.

We want to arrange a taxi transfer from the ship to a hotel some distance away and it seems not all taxis are allowed into the port, so we may need to walk to the port gate with our luggage. I understand there are taxis inside the port, but it seems they charge ridiculous prices and it is not a cheap journey to begin with.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as information just does not seem to be available.

You have probably thought of this already, but you could ask your hotel to send a taxi to collect you.

There is some info on the port on whatsinport.com, with a map.

Thanks, but had looked at whats in port and even the loacl port website. We are looking at booking a taxi company who do a lot of airport transfers and come well recommended on TA, but problem was we were not sure a taxi would be allowed to go into he port, even if pre booked.

Just had a reply from the taxi company and been told that one of us would need to go out of the port and find the taxi (will have board with our name), then get into the taxi with the driver, who will then be allowed into the port to pick up luggage and any other passenger(s). If it means we do not have to drag cases out of the port, it is OK with us, so one more bit of organisation sorted.