Fred olsen boudicca islands of the indian ocean and madagascar cruise 2018

where to next?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have done Boudicca recently and she isn't in bad shape for a very old ship. She is slow but that gives you more time at sea. The crew is what stands out and the ports of call.

If you do book and go on this cruise, look out for the Music Duo "Pete and Ursula". They are great and tell them I said hi.

I do prefer newer ships (well no more than 20 years old) and slightly bigger ones. The ideal size IMHO is 2,000-2,500 passenger size. You get more space and better entertainment options and not overcrowded like the small ships and not getting lost like the mega ships.

Anything else, just ask.

We are booked on this cruise and really looking forward to it as we honeymooned in the Seychelles 42 years ago! Have booked a few trips. My first ever cruise aged 17 (many moons and re-fits ago) was on Black Watch and I had a great time. My husband and I have sailed on Braemar to the Canaries. Other cruises have been mainly P & O, with some Celebrity and Thomson. Love the smaller friendly ships and this itinerary sounds amazing.

If you go to the roll call section there are a number of roll calls on these cruises were you can exchange posts with other travellers on your cruise. You may find there is a roll call for your cruise, otherwise you could start a roll call in that section section, which can be found here:-

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=772

The roll call section can also be accessed from just less than half way down the main index page as here:-

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/

Be aware there is not normally much response to Fred's roll calls.

Hope you enjoy your holidays.