Rosyth

Parsman

A few days ago I was on board the "Black Watch" which called at Rosyth. Fred. Olsen advertised tours only to Edinburgh but I wanted to go to Dunfermline. On the advice of another contributor to "Cruise critic" I contacted "Cruiseforth" and discovered that they ran a shuttle bus from the Rosyth cruise terminal to Dunfermline. When on board I asked to tours office if they knew the timetable for these buses but they denied all knowledge of this service and suggested that I:D take a taxi.

Not withstanding this I met the "Cruiseforth" staff on the jetty and discovered that the shuttle was in operation. It proved to be efficient, friendly and free which is pretty good for a nine mile round trip. Any future cruisers visiting Rosyth should be aware of this service,

Dunfermline is a fine place to visit although I may be biased as this exiled Scot spent his early life there!

Glad you enjoyed your visit parsman (now I understand your user name!!). There are usually volunteers onboard the ship running a hospitality desk and they give out information about the shuttle bus to Dunfermline but I don't know if that was the case earlier this month when I assume you were at Rosyth...?? Some ships publicise the shuttle and I know for a fact that Fred Olsen was advised about ti