Can I pay my bill in cash the last nite before disembarkation?

MogeyMan

We go to the Front Desk at 9 pm the night before disembarkation morning, tell them to "close the account" as of right then and pay off in cash what is owing.

This works like a charm for us because we avoid having to be at the Front Desk at 6 am the next morning.

On my recent cruise, they were not accepting cash payments on the morning of disembarkation, so fi you wanted to pay cash, you would have to do so the evening before. But the mini-bar check was not done until after you vacated your cabin, so you may have to leave a credit card for any post-payment charges.

We did this the late afternoon before disembarking the next morning in FLL. We had about 250 Euros left over from a Med/TA 26 day cruise. We paid our final balance in Euros, but the sell rate that HAL gave us was pretty poor. But our next 2 cruises will not require Euros, so we sold them and paid our bill in full.

We go to the Front Desk at 9 pm the night before disembarkation morning, tell them to "close the account" as of right then and pay off in cash what is owing.

This works like a charm for us because we avoid having to be at the Front Desk at 6 am the next morning.

That is a great tip about closing the account. Thank you.

That is a great tip about closing the account. Thank you.

The only thing about this is that they still do a mini-bar check after you vacate your cabin so there may still be further charges. They will not take your word that you have not used anything from the mini-bar or packed the in-cabin robes or beach towels.

The only thing about this is that they still do a mini-bar check after you vacate your cabin so there may still be further charges. They will not take your word that you have not used anything from the mini-bar or packed the in-cabin robes or beach towels.

When I remember I ask ahead of time for mine to be cleared so I can put my own stuff in.