OCD first-timer needs checklist...

portia1780

Hi, all,

I am making my list for things to pack for my honeymoon... it's my first-time to cruise!! Does anyone know of a suggested "things-to-pack" checklist that I could use as a foundation for my own checklist (complete with two boxes... one to check when I pack to leave, one when I pack to come back)?

Thanks in advance...

http://cruiseclues.com/packinglist.htm

take your pick from the site listed above. Just know that no matter what you pack--half that stuff you wont even use.

Serene:

You are 100% right! I packed WAAAAY too much for my February cruise ( first cruise) and wore only about 1/4 of what I brought.....I won't make that same mistake on my next cruise ;)

I would not rely on the onboard hair dryer. It is TINY, takes forever to dry your hair and it is murder on curly hair that needs a diffuser.

JMO!

Also, I brought along a spray bottle of Downy wrinkle release and a bottle of Bounce fabric refresher

Portia,

Make sure whatever you take it's on wheels. You will be so glad it is. Picking up your luggage from the port when you go home means dragging luggage a nice amount inside the building. We've done both New York and Miami and both times, we were glad our large suitcase was on wheels (it was my mom's). She gave us our own luggage on wheels for Christmas. Our carry on is on wheels and my hubby's golf club travel case is on wheels. If you have to go to an airport in order to go to your cruise, you'll be doubly glad it is all on wheels. We did our first cruise out of New York and our carry on at that time WAS NOT on wheels. What a pain in the back, literally. We bought even more on our cruise, so it was even heavier coming home.

Archived