Bringing Wate rand Soda Question

travelsolutions

I haven't cruised on Princess since January of 2015. What is the new policy for bringing bottled water and soda?

they now sell a case of water pre-cruise - around $6. I ordered one - its a lot easier as we fly in.

The package is $6.90 for 12 (500ml) bottles and it must be purchased online before the cruise.

It is a lot easier than hauling the water to the ship.

• 1 month later...

For sodas, what works best ...

1. Carry it on with you?
  2. Slap a label on a 12 pack and check it?
  3. Check it in your luggage?
  4. Does it matter cans or plastic bottles?

I don't want to have to go to a naughty room. We purchased the water from Princess, but I would like some Coke Zero or Diet Mt Dew. Haven't quite learned to enjoy Diet Coke yet.

2nd question: Will the 20oz bottles fit in the Island Princess fridge?

1. Carry it on with you?

I don't want to have to go to a naughty room. We purchased the water from Princess, but I would like some Coke Zero or Diet Mt Dew. Haven't quite learned to enjoy Diet Coke yet.

Even a 2 liter bottle will fit.

1. Carry it on with you?

Best to carry it on.

I put water and soda in a duffle type bag that collapses down o nothing for the return trip home. put a tag on it and it arrives in my room. I have found that the water from he tap on board the ships is really good. so I bring only a few bottles and refill them from the tap. we bring diet pepsis too,

I have found that the water from he tap on board the ships is really good. so I bring only a few bottles and refill them from the tap. we bring diet pepsis too,

Yes, on all these threads I'm amazed at people spending money on bottled water when perfectly good water is available onboard for free. I use a Klean Kanteen water bottle. Beautifully designed, wear like steel (which they are), made of safe materials (unlike plastic bottles) and not an environmental disaster.

We normally check a case of bottled water, reinforce the case with some duct tape, put a luggage tag on it - no problems.

The water from the tap is fine, but it is lightly salinated. I have a health problem with that, and need the bottled water when we cruise. Otherwise I would not bother.

I like the fact that I can pre-order a supply of bottled water on the Princess website. While we don't have an issue getting a case of bottled water in most ports before we sail, in a new foreign port of embarkation, it is most welcome.

1. Carry it on with you?

You can carry it with you.

1. Carry it on with you?

It doesn't matter whether you bring cans or bottles. Personally, I wouldn't want to put it in my luggage "just in case" something cracked, came open, etc. You could carry it on, but why carry something when you don't have to? Most of the people I see at the pier tape a luggage tag on to a 12 pack or a case and check it with their luggage. Of course I see a number carrying it on too, but checking it seems a better solution to me.

Whichever way you go, hope you have a great cruise!!

Tom

Best to carry it on.

Wasn't it you who had your freshly purchased flat of water taken apart in San Pedro so the port inspection jerks could shake the bottles to check for bubbles or whatever to insure they weren't full of booze?

We often take a few bottles of flavored water onboard as my wife likes them. We've never been questioned but always wonder if it will happen.

First thank you for this post. Didn't know I could buy a case of water. When we go to Europe I purchase 3 bottles each port as I never drink water in different countries. On board I drink plenty of water and never had any issues with the ships water. My sister will take some of those crystal light packets in April as she like this stuff.

Soda well now my husband will be very happy. He likes coke zero but will drink diet coke. When I told him I read posts on here that he can't get his soda card but needs to get soda & more he wasn't happy. Now we will grab a 12 pack of coke zero for him in April. :). I love this site.

Yes, on all these threads I'm amazed at people spending money on bottled water when perfectly good water is available onboard for free. I use a Klean Kanteen water bottle. Beautifully designed, wear like steel (which they are), made of safe materials (unlike plastic bottles) and not an environmental disaster.

Me too! I grew up drinking tap water, I still drink tap water, I get tap water from the bathroom in the room, and I order ice water elsewhere on the ship. Liquids are so heavy that I would never take that kind of stuff with me. Soda packages are $7.00 per person per day, and a great bargain if you drink soda like my husband. We drive to our port, so no need to worry about checking bags on a plane, but why take the extra luggage? And, the soda and more package includes hot chocolate. The only time I buy bottled water is when we're leaving the ship for port.

Me too! I grew up drinking tap water, I still drink tap water, I get tap water from the bathroom in the room, and I order ice water elsewhere on the ship. Liquids are so heavy that I would never take that kind of stuff with me. Soda packages are $7.00 per person per day, and a great bargain if you drink soda like my husband. We drive to our port, so no need to worry about checking bags on a plane, but why take the extra luggage? And, the soda and more package includes hot chocolate. The only time I buy bottled water is when we're leaving the ship for port.

Just a suggestion: you could save a lot of money if you pre-ordered bottled water for your cabin instead of buying it as you leave the ship.