Travel from Rosyth cruise terminal

Parsman

I am booked on the "Black Watch" in early December. There is a full day call at Rosyth. Does anyone know the easiest way to get to Dunfermline - it's not far but what public transport is available? Grateful any advice.

I am booked on the "Black Watch" in early December. There is a full day call at Rosyth. Does anyone know the easiest way to get to Dunfermline - it's not far but what public transport is available? Grateful any advice.

Number 19 Bus (Fare quoted at £1-£3 each) and 56 minutes each way; taxis £10-£13 each - see attached link

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Dunfermline/Rosyth-Dockyard

Looks to be a wee step from the Cruise Terminal - Forth Ports Authority say 23 minutes walk! So, ignoring waiting times for Bus, you're in for 80 minutes journey each way.

Taxi to Inverkeithing Station for train to Dunfermline might be preferable OR taxi to Ferrytoll Bus Station and Bus to Dunfermline. Queensferry Crossing (new Forth Bridge) is still very busy with residual speed restrictions until new roads are integrated so train might be better.

Mrs Marchie has just found another option - 23 minute to Babcock Training Centre. Then take X19 Bus from Rosyth to Dunfermline (36 minutes journey).

Hope this helps. If you have times of arrival and day of arrival (Weekend services tend to differ significantly!), we might be able to give more specific information. Enjoy your stay!

BTW, check if Pastry Chef is named Andy - he lives in Kinghorn (15 miles from Dunfermline) so he may have better information!

Do you have any particular plans in Dunfermline?

The Andrew Carnegie museum is really interesting and just along from Dunfermline Abbey which is also worth a visit.

As I was born there and went to primary school in the town it would be good to visit the place. It's some years since I was there.

I should be your agent !!!

Got this response from cruiseforth.com

Yes there will be some form of service to Dunfermline.

Sometimes the ship runs a service to Dunfermline, so we tend not to

duplicate that.

If they do not then at the least, we will run a half day service to

Dunfermline - finishing around 2pm