Coffee at International cafe

mrpayroll

After reading numerous threads about coffee cards and such, i am still confused. Simple question: Is there complimentary coffee at the International Cafe ? Thanks in advance....:)

Nope.

The complimentary/included coffee is at sit down restaurants, buffet and room service. Coffee at IC is for-fee "upgraded" coffee, ie fresh brewed from grounds, espresso based drinks, erc..

Is tea free at the IC - and I mean English Breakfast tea rather than iced tea. Just off a RC cruise and their equivalent Promenade Cafe had free coffee and various tea bags and hot water/milk so was expecting similar on our upcoming cruise on Sapphire.

Is tea free at the IC - and I mean English Breakfast tea rather than iced tea. Just off a RC cruise and their equivalent Promenade Cafe had free coffee and various tea bags and hot water/milk so was expecting similar on our upcoming cruise on Sapphire.

No, their is a charge for the beverages at the IC ... think Starbucks. There is free coffee and tea in the horizon and through room service (oh, and in the dining rooms).

Thats disappointing regards lack of free tea/coffee in IC - we liked getting back on board the Independence of Seas and going to the Promenade cafe for a tea and cake. Does the IC offer cakes/sandwiches etc that are better than you get at Horizon or does IC just offer a reduced version of Horizon ?. I also realise there is the sit down and be served option of afternoon tea in the dining rooms - so I'm looking forward to using that so at least that is one up on RC !

The IC has desserts, salads, sandwiches, various items and I guess you could say a smaller selection than what is up top at the buffet area. I like it for the convenience, not having to go to the buffet and I've always found everything to be of a good quality.

Just buy a coffee card. They aren't that expensive and you can get all the fresh-brewed coffee you want at IC plus 15 specialty drinks. The specialty drinks take a punch of the card. The fresh-brewed is for that voyage only (they should write the voyage info on the back of the card) but the punches are good for that and all subsequent voyages until all 15 have been used.

I too enjoy the complimentary Seattles Best on RC, but each cruiseline has things I love and don't like so much so I try not to compare too much and accept and enjoy what they do well. In the case of Princess, the IC is fabulous and I think has a much better selection of high quality food items for breakfast, snacks, lunch and dessert. I also think the IC brewed coffee is better, so for the 36$ it costs me for 7 days, which I did share with my husband and son without issue, I think it was well worth it. As others mentionned, you can always get free coffee in the buffet in several locations and in the dining rooms, so this will never be an issue. In the IC, I also had frozen coffee items and cappucino etc. that were delicious as well and still have a couple punches left. Just a FYI, if you like iced coffee (I do with just a bit of ilk and splenda) this is included too. I hope you enjoy IC!

Been a while since I was on a Princess ship. If memory serves, the coffee is atrocious except in the IC where it was merely passable. But the ship made Mozzarella in a sandwich with tomato and fresh basil was incredible.

Been a while since I was on a Princess ship. If memory serves, the coffee is atrocious except in the IC where it was merely passable. But the ship made Mozzarella in a sandwich with tomato and fresh basil was incredible.

OMG ...that's exactly how I would describe it ... on all counts!!

We bought our card on the ship. Our ship and voyage number was stamped on back of card. The expiration date was reprinted on it.
Please post a photo of the back of the card. I just checked our cards and none of them have an expiration date on them. We have enough punches left to keep DH in after-dinner cappuccinos for our next several cruises. We got our last two cards by trading in a minibar setup last month on the Royal.

Please post a photo of the back of the card. I just checked our cards and none of them have an expiration date on them. We have enough punches left to keep DH in after-dinner cappuccinos for our next several cruises. We got our last two cards by trading in a minibar setup last month on the Royal.

We did not bring the card home. Sorry.

We just disembarked the Royal this morning. We, also, had an expiration date on our coffee card. Our date was December 2018. There was much complaining on the cruise about this. Apparently they were using up some of the “old” cards without an expiration date but also using the new cards with the date. Our cruise was the first cruise on the Royal to have the expiration dates on them we were told. No one could tell us the reason why this change happened??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have a coffee card will they give you two brewed coffees at once as part of your unlimited allowance? Or will they only allow you one per time.

I was allowed only one brewed coffee at a time on Star last October. So on my morning coffee run for me and my wife, I had to use a punch for her brewed coffee.