SS Oceanic Cruise to Bermuda and The Bahamas - July 18, 1981

Cruise Videos
Share your personal cruise video's with others! (no commercial videos please)

By posting your video in our Cruise Video Forum, we may use your video elsewhere on Cruisecritic.com.

Guidelines
- No commerical or promotional videos allowed.
- If the video is yours, please clearly state that. If it isn't clear to whom it belongs, it will not be eligible to be used elsewhere on Cruisecritic.com.
- Cruise-related videos only. - Please do not use this forum to promote your website.

How to Display (Embed) YouTube Videos in Posts
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:38 AM.
Long Island
3 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
In July of 1981 I sailed from NY to Bermuda and Nassau aboard the SS Oceanic. I booked the cruise through "Singleworld". I recorded the trip on VHS tape, and it sat in the cassette for over 36 years until I learned how to edit it. Included is the departure of the SS Doric ahead of us. Both ships were part of Home Lines. There are scenes at sea, ship's tender into Hamilton Harbor, and tugs bringing us into the port of Nassau. We sailed past or were docked next to many former cruise ships serving both destinations. Included are scenes with the Ms. VEENDAM (2nd) , AMERIKANIS, EMERALD SEAS, the DOLPHIN IV, FLAVIA plus the Tender CANIMA. All are gone now. I traveled with my video equipment by public Bermuda Transit bus to St. George's. It was the cheapest "bus tour" I've ever taken. I finally posted it to YouTube at: https://youtu.be/kqDf-KZTgWo

kqDf-KZTgWo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standard Oceanic size picture cover-3.jpg (35.6 KB, 12 views)
Long Island
3 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
My dance instructors were the dance couple on the former Homeric. If you saw them do their routines, Donna Shelly has a Facebook page that holds some of their past videos. Add a comment if you do.