Help need for Sydney tours and sightseeing

gm217

I recommend taking a ferry to Manly in the late afternoon. Have a wander around Manly. There is a nice walk on the ocean side to Shelly Beach. Have dinner at Manly, there are heaps of good restaurants and cafes to suit all budgets, or you could get fish and chips and eat them near/on the beach (watch out for the seagulls though). Then when it's dark catch the ferry back to the CBD. That way you get to enjoy daytime and nighttime views of the harbour.

I recommend taking a ferry to Manly in the late afternoon. Have a wander around Manly. There is a nice walk on the ocean side to Shelly Beach. Have dinner at Manly, there are heaps of good restaurants and cafes to suit all budgets, or you could get fish and chips and eat them near/on the beach (watch out for the seagulls though). Then when it's dark catch the ferry back to the CBD. That way you get to enjoy daytime and nighttime views of the harbour.

Love this suggestion especially being able to see the harbour in daylight and at night or early evening. It's so different and the very best way to Sydney.

Love this suggestion especially being able to see the harbour in daylight and at night or early evening. It's so different and the very best way to Sydney.

Our eldest granddaughter loves to do this when she comes to visit us from Melbourne so that's how I got to learn how great it was.

We will be in Sydney for 3 days before flying to Ayres Rock? Any suggestions for guided tours or places we must see.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a thread on this forum titled I think "stuff to do in Sydney. Pages and pages of info there.

Use the search function above or scroll through a few pages here and you will find it.

I

I’m a big fan of IzKiwi’s suggestion except replace Manly with the Zoo.

Haven't been out to Taronga Park for about 55 years......I recall that the ferry ride out and the view while walking around the zoo was, at that time, great.

Manly? Used to be said that someone had a 'Bondi chest'.......i.e. "It's a long way from Manly".

I’m a big fan of IzKiwi’s suggestion except replace Manly with the Zoo.

My vote is do both the Manly jaunt & Zoo visit! Can’t spend enough time on the harbour IMO, the more ferry trips the better. 😁

As well as Manly, you might like to take the ferry to Watson's Bay for fish and chips at Doyles on the Jetty (or restaurant more up market). Then walk up to The Gap, where you can view the Ocean, before catching a bus to North Bondi, then walk along Bondi Beach to Icebergers for a cold drink overlooking the famous rock pool. If you are more energetic, you can continue walking to Bronte before returning to city by bus. Sydney is a walker's paradise.

The Zoo during the day, then head to Manly for dinner sounds like a good plan for one day

A wander around "the Rocks" and Darling Harbor is also worthwhile as is a stroll through the Royal Botanical Garden,

that's another day worth (maybe with a tour inside the Opera House?)

And on the third day (doesn't has to be that order) I recommend a tour to the "Blue Mountains". Which you can easy do on your own and safe therefore a lot of money. I did it like the Girl in the followin link:

http://angelinatravels.boardingarea.com/2013/03/25/sydney-day-trip-idea-exploring-the-blue-mountains-without-an-organized-tour/

We were going to take this cruise a few years back, but family health issues stopped us. I can't remember a tour company, individuals, that took you around Sydney. They were highly rated, but I can't find any info on them now. Anyone know of such?

We were going to take this cruise a few years back, but family health issues stopped us. I can't remember a tour company, individuals, that took you around Sydney. They were highly rated, but I can't find any info on them now. Anyone know of such?

Sorry, but what's the question?

We spent five days in Sydney in 2013. It is a great city.

Here is what we did:

!) City tour that included trip to Bondi beach.

2) Harbour cruise

3) Blue Mountains day trip

4) Hunter Valley winery day trip

5) Visting Darling Harbour, the Rocks (piles climb on bridge), Botanical Gardens and Queen Victoria Bulding

On the Blue Mountains tour we went to a great wildlife park called Featherdale. At Circular Quay go see the Opera House. Also, we saw an opera there one evening.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. Is there a particular tour operator that anyone can recommend? DH can't do that much walking, so we would need transportation included.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. Is there a particular tour operator that anyone can recommend? DH can't do that much walking, so we would need transportation included.

We used Gray Line Tours. You can check Viator, but they subcontract to local agencies.