Carry On Soda?

avic77

I have brought water, soda, beer and wine onboard at ports many times with no problems. I never knew you couldn’t. I usually buy a sparkling water, a soda, and occasionally a bottle of beer or wine in port and put it in my backpack. I’ve never had anyone search my bag - they just run it through the scanner and hand it to me.

Careful when checking in soda. We did this last year and my soda was dropped and most of my sodas were flat.

Plastic bottles are sturdier.

How about beer? My DH wants to know if he can buy a 6 pack in a port and bring it on. I know about wine, but I have not seen anything about beer.

Officially no, but beer can sometimes be brought on at distant ports since their check isn't that throughout. Same holds for bottles of liquor. They scan it but many people just walk right by the check in table & take it to their cabins.

You always take the chance that they might hold it until the last night.

How about beer? My DH wants to know if he can buy a 6 pack in a port and bring it on. I know about wine, but I have not seen anything about beer.

Clearly stated in the FAQ's and Passage Contract

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

I know that Princess can't carry all types of soda. But I wish they would carry just a little more of a variety. For some one like me , who does not drink any type of alcohol, it would mean a lot to me to have more of a choice. I do carry on what I like to drink. Believe me, I would rather pay Princess per can, than to have to carry it on.

I know that Princess can't carry all types of soda. But I wish they would carry just a little more of a variety. For some one like me , who does not drink any type of alcohol, it would mean a lot to me to have more of a choice. I do carry on what I like to drink. Believe me, I would rather pay Princess per can, than to have to carry it on.

I also don't drink much, not a coffee or tea drinker either. It's all about the Diet Dr. Pepper for me! (not offered on board)

On our recent Alaska Cruise, I packed a small sturdy gym bag in my suitcase. I purchased two 6 packs of Diet DP in 12 oz bottles at the Walmart in Anchorage, put them in the gym bag with two sweatshirts to pad them, added a luggage tag and they were delivered to my room!

Carrying them on would have been tough since we did the 26 glacier cruise out of Whittier before boarding.

I also don't drink much, not a coffee or tea drinker either. It's all about the Diet Dr. Pepper for me! (not offered on board)

On our recent Alaska Cruise, I packed a small sturdy gym bag in my suitcase. I purchased two 6 packs of Diet DP in 12 oz bottles at the Walmart in Anchorage, put them in the gym bag with two sweatshirts to pad them, added a luggage tag and they were delivered to my room!

Carrying them on would have been tough since we did the 26 glacier cruise out of Whittier before boarding.

I also enjoy Caffeine free Dr. Pepper, caffeine free coke. I can have one caffeine drink per day and for that I like diet Sunkist. I don't like Sprite zero.

I would gladly pay the on board price per can, if Princess had sodas that I liked, or could drink.

Just off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday, I packed a couple six packs of non alcoholic ginger beer to mix with the rum I ordered through Princess. Also packed a couple liters of coconut water, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday, I packed a couple six packs of non alcoholic ginger beer to mix with the rum I ordered through Princess. Also packed a couple liters of coconut water, no problem.

Where did you order your rum from? I was looking for a place on the website but I am definitely missing it.

Where did you order your rum from? I was looking for a place on the website but I am definitely missing it.

Sign in to access the Cruise Personalizer for your cruise:

• Onboard Reservations
  • Princess Cellars
  • Spirits

Bacardi White Rum

375ml $17.25 (Prices include gratuity)

• 2 weeks later...

One bottle wasn’t enough so I ordered another from room service, same price. I did buy a bottle of Havana Club 15 year on shore which I checked in. (see pic) fa947cab81b5fbf83d1d43d6f9162be6.jpg

I think ordering the water bottles every day is a little bit of a waste of money and plastic tbh. We just filled ours up with fresh water and ice from the Horizon Court buffet every day for free? Not directly from the machine of course, but into the mugs first so as not to contravene any health rules.

I think ordering the water bottles every day is a little bit of a waste of money and plastic tbh. We just filled ours up with fresh water and ice from the Horizon Court buffet every day for free? Not directly from the machine of course, but into the mugs first so as not to contravene any health rules.

That's what I'd do before excursions. It was actually better than the regular bottles of water as I put ice in so they were very cold. Again, fill glasses of ice water from the machines, then transfer to water bottles.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the positive replies. As a Starbucks addict I am already panicking and I don't leave for another week. :)

You’re welcome & some people who like Starbucks will bring packs of VIA.

My wife enjoys Starbucks Frappuccinos and likes the version served onboard at the International Cafe. You can purchase a coffee program for $34.65 for unlimited brewed coffee at the IC and 15 specialty coffees during your cruise. I don’t drink Starbucks coffee so can’t compare the Princess brewed coffee at the IC. At home I grind & brew 100% Kona coffee & the IC brewed coffee is okay for me.

The problem is the thin cardboard the sodas are packaged with. Remember that duct tape people say you don't need? re-enforce all 12 edges and corners and attach luggage tag. All concerned can tell what it is and shouldn't throw around and will take some effort to open. On one cruise pax baggage was deposited in the hall, not in the cabin. In front of one cabin was a "flat" of bottled water on top, packaged in regular plastic shrink wrap. Some fool had helped themselves to a bottle by tearing open the package. other idiots then followed helping themselves as well. By the time we passed, half the water was gone. DO NOT PACK SODA INSIDE SUITCASES. In Los Angeles, we once saw long shore men throwing luggage over 24 feet to a concrete floor. Guaranteed to ruin a cruise before it starts.