Just off the Caribbean Princess....any questions?

mcgratru

We had a great week. We were on the Same ship in 2014 as well.

I was a little miffed that rooms were not ready at embarkation with all doors closed until 1:00 pm...not sure if this is a one time change or new policy...I did really like that about Princess..and we missed dining room lunch because of this.

Otherwise it was enjoyable...any questions?

Why did you miss lunch just because your room wasn't ready? You could have taken your carry on bags to lunch with you.

We were told the same thing on our April Caribbean Princess cruise, but the hallways were not closed off. We went to our room and found that ours and all nearby rooms were ready. We dropped our carry ons and went to lunch.

Hey Mcgratru:

Glad you had a good time on the cruise. I believe the 1:00 pm access to the cabins is pretty common. That seems to align with most of our recent cruises. We will be aboard for a 14 night cruise on the Caribbean Princess beginning on August 11th.

Did you happen to see any Happy Hour drink schedules? And, sign of progress on the Ocean Medallion?

Thanks,

Tom

Didn’t notice the Happy Hour schedule.

During the week they were removing the little plastic “mailboxes” outside the stateroom doors and replacing them with a tablets that said “Ocean Medallion” coming soon and new stateroom numbers....so the stewards spent the rest of the week having to stuff all of the paperwork/flyers in the door handle.

As for dining room lunch, we had quite a lot with us as the staterooms have always been available before as soon as we embarked (I believe this is something Princess lists as a perk somewhere in their literature) and we didn’t plan to have to carry it all around the ship... and we were 9 floors away from the dining room and the elevators were crazy...

All of the doors were closed with signs not allowing passengers to enter.

We had a great week. We were on the Same ship in 2014 as well.

Otherwise it was enjoyable...any questions?

Glad to hear something nice about the CB!

Can you tell me about food at the buffet?

Specifically:

Breakfast--do they have decent scrambled eggs and either cut up or whole fruit?

Lunch--did they have ingredients for a nice salad--nothing too exotic? Lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, etc and ranch dressing (low fat would be great). Also, did they have some proteins like chicken fajitas or even some sliced beef to go with it? And the same variety of fruit as the morning? Is the pizza place by the pool using the old cheese again?

Thanks for any help

ML

We were on the same cruise. Our steward told us the room delay was due to a 'health advisory' from the previous cruise. One pool was empty before departure as well. We assumed that was related.

We looked specifically for happy hour. They were none.

You can get 'fresh eggs' if you order them specifically in the dining rooms. I've never tried at the buffet. Salad fixings were decent. I don't recall any grilled chicken in the salad line specifically the day I made a salad but they did have the fajita station right there.

My husband has always loved the pizza so I cringed when he went after some one day. The reviews here worried me. I grabbed a bite and prepared to be horrified. It was absolutely fine.

As for dining room lunch, we had quite a lot with us as the staterooms have always been available before as soon as we embarked (I believe this is something Princess lists as a perk somewhere in their literature) and we didn’t plan to have to carry it all around the ship.

I have read on other threads they have a place on the ship you can check your carryon items so you do not have to drag them around with you until the cabins are ready.

How many formal nights? We are on the Caribbean Princess in 2 weeks for a 14 night Caribbean cruise.

Also, what was the weather like and what was the itinery?

Thanks

Looking at my itinerary for my B2B sailing from 27th July until 10th August it is 3. I anticipated it would be 4

I was on the Caribbean Princess in May. Cabins weren't ready until 1. I was happy to be on the ship before 1. CC dining opened at noon and enjoyed lunch there.

To answer a couple of the questions. Princess had fresh fruit on the buffet. There were 2 formal nights on my cruise.

In March, the cost of the Sanctuary was $20 for half-day; $40 for the full-day. I believe there is a discount if you book for the entire cruise. We were lucky to get one half-day as it fills up pretty quickly!

I was on the Caribbean Princess in May. Cabins weren't ready until 1. I was happy to be on the ship before 1. CC dining opened at noon and enjoyed lunch there.

To answer a couple of the questions. Princess had fresh fruit on the buffet. There were 2 formal nights on my cruise.

They said the same thing on the Royal a while ago but we just dumped the luggage in the room & went to lunch.

Many people were dragging their suitcases behind them in the Horizon.

My wife and I also just got off the Caribbean Princess after doing the 14 day B2B. We had a great time. We embarked about noon time and went straight to the room to drop off the carry on bags. We didn't see the sign stating rooms were not ready until 1pm. No one stopped us or said anything about dropping our bags off. I'll try to answer some of the questions posted above. There were 4 formal nights. All were on sea days except one which was after one the Western ports, possibly Belize. We dined next to a couple who were staying on the ship when we got off and stated the ***** was going live starting their 2nd half on 7/14. There were IT guys all over the ship during our second week. The rear pool was emptied one day to repair a broken railing.( In reference to a comment above about a empty pool)

At this moment I only remember a couple of MUTS. Some were the same as our March cruise. Greatest Showman, Black Panther, Star Wars........

Despite the posted port times we didn't arrive back in Ft Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess until about 9:30 am plus another hour plus for the ship to unload bags and clear customs. Arriving that late caused a pretty stressful disembarkation process for everyone. This very late arrival was due to a multitude of reasons and the slower ship speed was one of those reasons.

Despite the posted port times we didn't arrive back in Ft Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess until about 9:30 am plus another hour plus for the ship to unload bags and clear customs. Arriving that late caused a pretty stressful disembarkation process for everyone. This very late arrival was due to a multitude of reasons and the slower ship speed was one of those reasons.

When was your cruise? We arrived in Fort Lauderdale at about 0630 am on each leg our our B2B, 6/30-7/14

When was your cruise? We arrived in Fort Lauderdale at about 0630 am on each leg our our B2B, 6/30-7/14

Agreed. On 7/14 we were off the ship at 7:50 am and in the airport by 8:20 am.

As for the empty pool, the one I referenced was one of the two in the center. It was empty twice that I saw. Empty at embarkation and filled by the time we sailed (or soon after), and then empty again on the last sea day, 7/13.