Dancing With The Stars - Fall 2017 / Gowns and more...

KandCsailing

Oh my goodness, what a show. Most Memorable Year is always one of my favorite weeks but this time I think I was crying almost the entire two hours! Lots of really powerful and emotional stories.

I know some aren't fans of Mark but I'd missed his creativity. His red balloon dance with Lindsey was just wonderful. I lost my dad in June so everything Lindsey said in her package really touched me. It was the same when my dad died - the hardest week of my life but also a blessing. My family was all there and my dad talked to us and we laughed together and sang and cried. So much love.

.....The dresses. I liked both Carrie Ann's and Erin's teal dresses. That color was especially good on Erin. Maybe she could have used a little more bling but she looked great.

Sorry to hear Maks and Vanessa are having problems. I haven't seen it in their packages or their dances. Maybe this week's dance will help them get through it since they have their babies in common.

I think Erin has found her dress style, plain and fitted. Apparently she only wears earrings? Both Erin and CA wore green and both looked very nice.

They didn’t show very much of the dance rehearsals because they were concentrating on the special stories. So emotional and moving! But that’s why we didn’t see much of Maks and Vanessa together.

I really like this years’ group of stars, easy to like them. So refreshing.

I really liked Erin's dress. That little touch of bling made all the difference. The top of Carrie Ann's was OK - need to see the skirt to see if it makes or breaks the look. I also liked Lindsey's dress except for the little poofy things. The skirt was beautiful.

Spoiler Alert -Don't read if you haven't watched.

What was with Witney and Frankie being in danger???

I really liked Erin's dress too--soft for once, liked the belt. I couldn't see enough of CA's to judge but initially don't think I like the straps or whatever they are in the front. Nice color though.

I don't think they always have the actual two lowest scorers; if Frankie was in the actual bottom too, it's a shame.

First perfect score and much deserved, although I think he probably has a lot more dance experience than anyone else.

I don't think they always have the actual two lowest scorers; if Frankie was in the actual bottom too, it's a shame.

I think sometimes they do it for the drama. When they announced they were in danger, Witney's face looked like she was totally shocked (as was I).

Not surprised with the eliminated couple. I've been expecting them to go for a few weeks.

I liked Carrie Ann's dress but those straps would drive me crazy. Erin's dress was nice but, as I have mentioned before, I don't like those flesh colored modesty pieces. I did like the dress color and velvet seems to be "in" this year.

I liked the color of Carrie Ann's dress but I just don't like that kind of straps or sleeves or whatever they are. Looks so uncomfortable and awkward. Erin's was fine, nothing special. Instead of the flesh-colored modesty panel, it would look better if it was just sewn together--the deep cleavage, even if fake, just isn't my style.

The right person went home.

CarrieAnn's gown.

Lindsey looking like her dress should be an ad for toilet paper.

Victoria wearing a hockey skirt! Please don't let this happen again.

Gratuitous shot of shirtless (why?) (I know most fans say why not!) Alan driving a mini Zamboni. I so would love a mini Zamboni.

Can't find a good shot of Erin yet.d6998134b2e027aadbff8ba8568ccf56.jpg58728215f13aab074466a7dfafdf327e.jpg06aff470cfcafd251aaf046da3506543.jpg4a247b288835fb9e8f15dcd4b2b3e5bc.jpg

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Forums mobile app

I thought the straps on Carrie Ann's dress looked a little dated. Kind of like my wedding dress from 1991. :) If they had been higher, the dress would have been prettier. I liked the color though. And I liked Erin's green velvet.

Was I the only one who didn't care for Shania as a guest judge? She talked so slow, like she couldn't get her thoughts and words together.

I think Shania tried to say too much. A ton of people on a live chat board I was on were complaining about her.

Then they started in on discussing if she was lip syncing her song.

I didn't really like the Soldier song, but I did like that she didn't change outfits to sing it.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Forums mobile app

Her replies were kind of awkward, as if she couldn't get her thoughts together. I am sure I would be much worse and would probably completely freeze up or say something inane!

I liked the song, did not like her hairstyle. I think perhaps she just felt out of her element in the judging phase; I doubt she is really that knowledgeable about dance.

didn't like Shania's hairstyle either. I thought it made her look older. Even dh said that hairstyle looks like it came from the 70's. I've since seen her in a different "do" and she looked much better.

BTW: I am not allowed to tell any of dh's friends that he watches "dancing with the stars.":p

I did not see that end coming!

I liked what I could see of Carrie Ann's dress but that blue hair hid most of the top.

Erin's jumpsuit had those ugly modesty panels again although without them there could have been a major wardrobe malfunction.:eek:

Unless you have someone with you all the time how do you get in and out of a jumpsuit???

I do not really like jumpsuits, but it looked good on her. The modesty panels are ok--better than skin--but some black fabric would have been better. I liked her high ponytail.

Could not see enough of Carrie Ann's dress to judge.

Did not like the surprise ending and IMO who went home was exactly the opposite of who should have gone home. Popularity vote, I guess.

Some people really stepped up tongiht!