Pompeii & Vesuvius excursion from Naples

gazpacho

We are planning a Pompeii & Vesuvius excursion from Naples excursion when we are in Naples for the day.

The cruise ship price per person for this excursion is £72pp and the only other operator I have seen so far to take in both locations is Viator, which is £80pp.

Does anyone have other operators they could recommend ?

Cheers

Cant recommend anyone but we took the bus to the train station then the train down to pompeii. was very easy. we were able to see as much of pompeii we wanted and got back in time to have pizza in a restaurant next to where the ship docked. Enjoy, it is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This one is 90 euro per person if only two people: http://www.napoli-tours.it/en/tour/11/1/pompeii-and-vesuvius-from-naples/

Maybe you could get on the roll call for your sailing and organize a group to share the expense.

I don't think that there are a lot of regularly scheduled bus tours like this because it's so easy and inexpensive to do it yourself.

there will be a row of taxis outside Naples port and fixed fares per car to take up to 4 people to the most popular sites

we got one to Herculaneum where we explored ourselves and he collected us at pre arranged point 2 hours later and took us back to port

he was trying to persuade us to add on trip to Vesuvius

they are fixed rates

we paid 70 euros for all 4 of us

Pompeii bit further and think was about 90 euros-whatever you will definitely be able to beat those ship and viator prices

We are planning a Pompeii & Vesuvius excursion from Naples excursion when we are in Naples for the day.

The cruise ship price per person for this excursion is £72pp and the only other operator I have seen so far to take in both locations is Viator, which is £80pp.

Does anyone have other operators they could recommend ?

Cheers

Not of more easy... look for a great guy in Naples that we used for oyr last cruise ... look on facebook at @taxitournapoli or mail him at mrcabdrivernapoli@gmail.com

Let me know what he says 😉