2015 World Cruise

HotRoot

To answer your question, I heard from Seattle that Seabourn will announce the 2015 world cruise this summer or fall. That information is a month old now and I am hoping that other posters have heard more since then and will

fill us both in.

Next I looked at the Silversea site and they do not show the 2015 world cruise there. But then I googled silversea 2015 world cruise and voila- there it was. So far it's the full 115 days on Silver Whisper and I suppose that in time Silversea will show segments as well as incorporate what I saw within their site's plan a cruise calendar where only the 2014 world cruise now shows...

While I am a loyal Seabourn passenger with over 300 days I am not booking anything in 2014. I am still smarting over Seabourn's ongoing failure to address the smoking issues which have been discussed on this board. Silversea and Crystal have done so, as I understand it. So that leaves Seabourn as "The Smoker's Cruise Line" and I think it is a shame.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your anticipation for choosing a world cruise in 2015!

Does anybody have any idea when the itinerary will released? Silversea just released theirs.

The last I heard from people in the Office was that it has been finalized and they are making some minor adjustments to certain ports and times and that it will be released at the same time as the other itieneraries for the balance of 2014/2015 season which should be last week of July first week of August.

One reason some are now interested in 2015 is to see the itinerary and compare it to what Seabourn's competition is doing. The 2014 itinerary is very similar to those of the past with the exception of the southern and western ports of Australia.

I don't know how well the 2014 wc is selling but maybe that belies your receipt of sales material?

Happy cruising!

markham I agree. I think it is wise to get these itineraries out sooner rather than later. It is a major decision to sail on a full world cruise and something that often passengers want much longer lead times to not only make the decision but for all of the planning that does into it.

It's interesting that a few years ago that Seabourn had its World Cruise itineraries out earlier than say Crystal and now that has reversed with Crystal having announced it's WC15 itinerary in April of 2012 and having provided a preliminary itinerary for World Cruise 2016 in March of this past year.

I know we love to see the itineraries sooner rather than later.

Best to you.

Keith

One reason some are now interested in 2015 is to see the itinerary and compare it to what Seabourn's competition is doing. The 2014 itinerary is very similar to those of the past with the exception of the southern and western ports of Australia.

I don't know how well the 2014 wc is selling but maybe that belies your receipt of sales material?

Happy cruising!

Markham it is not selling well at all that's why they have even added more segments to sell as individual segments. There have been also some significant price drops as well especially on the last segment from Mumbai to Venice....with no stop in Dubai and straight to Salalah.

That is exactly why I am asking. We booked Crystal even though we didn't particularly like the larger ship or itinerary. The lower priced cabins were selling out. We have now cancelled Crystal and booked Silversea. We like the smaller ship and itinerary. Crystal had only 8 countries we have not been to. Silversea has 22. But, if we book Seabourn, we will get a free cruise after we get back. If they use an itinerary that "drops" you in the Med, we will stick with Silversea.

That is exactly why I am asking. We booked Crystal even though we didn't particularly like the larger ship or itinerary. The lower priced cabins were selling out. We have now cancelled Crystal and booked Silversea. We like the smaller ship and itinerary. Crystal had only 8 countries we have not been to. Silversea has 22. But, if we book Seabourn, we will get a free cruise after we get back. If they use an itinerary that "drops" you in the Med, we will stick with Silversea.

Ah,isn't it great to have choices.

I hope that you find the one that will work the best for you.

You should see the Seabourn one relatively soon so you can make the decision.

As someone who has taken several World Cruises (not on Seabourn) it has been a truly wonderful experience. I hope whatever Cruise Line you select you will feel the same way.

Keith

The thing about World Cruise itineraries is you are not going to please all of the people all of the time and what one person thinks is a fantastic itinerary another might not care for. The best one we sailed was in 2010 and included close to 30 days of sailing in the Middle East including stops in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, several stops in the UAE, Jordan, Israel, Egypt and even Iraq. It even had the Black Sea. In 2012 our voyage focused on the Pacific Rim and on its way back to the USA hit many ports in Alaska in early April weeks before the start of the Alaska season. Some scoffed at that too yet it was the best time we ever had in Alaska and the best of all our sailings of Glacier Bay with picture perfect weather.

A world cruise for many people is also much more than just the itinerary.

I wouldn't be too hard on those who create these voyages. It is easy to second guess on why they do the routes they do but there is a lot that goes into their planning.

Just my two cents.

Keith

your 30 days in the Middle East would be something we would really enjoy too....but of course a lot of people have other ideas about that part of the World. However Seabourn goes to the same places year in year out.....we are finding it very hard to find an itinerary that goes anywhere we haven't been at least twice on Seabourn, and we haven't been to a LOT of places! I keep "looking" at Silversea, both World and other itineraries and just love them, however we really don't want to leave Seabourn...so we are between a rock and a hard place.

Seabournaddict,

Your thoughts are also my thoughts on the subject of itinerary. For 2015 I am hoping that Seabourn will come up with a somewhat different itinerary. I expect it to start in LA or Ft. Lauderdale but that's it for repetition. For example, Silversea ends in Ft. Laud after stops in South Africa. Keith1010's cruise included Alaska and so a cruise could also end in LA.

I would also like to see some restrictions on smoking indoors for 2015. I have given up the fight for 2014 given that no announcements have been made and I would expect customers would get 6 months notice.

Happy sailing!

seabournaddict and markham, thanks for the additional clarification. I had not realized that Seabourn is essentially repeating the itineraries year over year. Our experience is if you want to attract repeat World Cruisers it is important to vary the itineraries year over year even if you repeat them every few years. Even with that you can change those too. I know people have different views on this but we have also found that on world cruises the overnight have been very good to allow for more options on land including land program. I realize some do not like them but we really enjoy the overnights.

I hope it all works out for you.

Keith

I am in email contact with John Delaney (Pres Sale & Marketing) in Seattle & he told me that the 2015 world cruise details would be out end of this month or early July.

We have a pre booking for the cruise...this reserves us the suite that we like.

Markham...hope we meet up again.

V & H

I also noted that Silversea gives free laundry and free internet for World Cruises. That compensates for what we would get as Diamond Members with Seabourn. I'm afraid Silversea is looking better and better.

Nothing is free.

While it's a nice perk, I would not make my World Cruise decision based on that and I suspect there are thing that Seabourn does that Silversea does not.

In the end, make your decision on the entire package and that also includes your cruise line and ship preference and all of the other aspects of the cruise.

Keith

I also noted that Silversea gives free laundry and free internet for World Cruises. That compensates for what we would get as Diamond Members with Seabourn. I'm afraid Silversea is looking better and better.

Do not forget that Seabourn gives you a free seven day cruise after sailing 140 days with them or fourteen days after sailing 250 days.

I believe that this is the best offer in the industry and far outweighs a bag of laundry or hooking up to the internet for free.

So Seabourn is looking better from my viewpoint.

I think I get free laundry and internet on Seabourn with my status level.

It's not something that really bothers me.

when you are paying around $150,000 for a World cruise, of course I am not thinking about the internet and laundry as being the be all to end all....but when you look at the itineraries of the two lines, there isn't any comparison. So to me Silversea is looking better.

when you are paying around $150,000 for a World cruise, of course I am not thinking about the internet and laundry as being the be all to end all....but when you look at the itineraries of the two lines, there isn't any comparison. So to me Silversea is looking better.

I certainly am not saying one lines world cruise is better than the other.

In the end figure out what works best for you and book it.

I know you think the Silversea itinerary is better for you. Other mights agree and others might not.

Again, do what works best for you but what is best for you might not be best for the other person.

Happy Cruising.

Keith

The itinerary should be the driving force imo.

I agree that the itinerary is the major force. Henry, my point was that what one person thinks is a great itinerary another might not. No different than choice of cruise line, food, etc. This is subjective and each person will figure out what is best for them. Some of my favorite World Cruise itineraries others might not have thought were great such as the 30 or so days in the Middle East but I thought it was extraordinary.

I do agree that the same itinerary should not be repeated year over year particularly if you want passengers to return each year or every couple of years.

With that said, I would not just do a full World Cruise on any cruise ship because if you are going to be on that ship for 110-130 days you better make sure that you will be satisfied with that experience since about half the days are sea days. Being on a full World Cruise is quite different than being on board for 10-20 days so I would put more emphasis on the complete package then I would for a shorter cruise. Just my view.

Keith

Archived