Roll Call Pride, 3-17-08, Ft. Laud. to Lisbon

Ms. J.

Greetings!

This will be my first Seabourn cruise, and I've heard many wonderful things about the line. I went to the Roll call forum and there seems to be more roll calls here....so I've posted on both, eventhough this cruise is about a year away. I'm looking forward to hearing from others who have booked.

Ms. J.

It might be a wee bit early for a roll call for the Pride 2008 March Crossing. I know there are many already booked~~I'm sure it be a SELL OUT in a month or so as both the Legend and the Pride Crossing's are favorite voyages among Seabournites.

Happy to hear you have booked and welcome to the Cruise Critic Seabourn board~~~ Thank you for posting!

As we have festive parties and events, hosted by Guest's, during the March TA Crossing, these will be announced in the near future, I'm sure.

Martita B.

Hi, thanks for the welcome....

I posted on the board for your last cruise.....you were a wealth of memories, as I vicariously cruised with you. One question....Martita B. (Screen name), Martha and Pinkie - are they the same person? Maybe husband and wife? Just curious. Thanks, Jini

I also answer to: "hey you~~" ha ha ha

Miss Marja and Rene were also aboard the Pride, March 07, TA Crossing. A super good time was had by all! As all Seabourn Transatlantic Crossing's are~~so many wonderful, lazy, fun sea days and evenings.

Again, welcome to our Seabourn family!:p

Martita B.

or Pinkie

or The Cowgirl'

or just plain, "hey you!"

My husband and I will also be on that Crossing....we will be the ones who don't fit into our formal clothes!! We are also on the Pride for 72 days BEFORE the Crossing....may not be just our formal clothes that don't fit us! You know what that sea air does to clothes! If you see a couple continuously dressed in Peruvian rugs, that will be us! :o

Pride 2008 March Crossing Sailor's,

I checked the "Roll Call" and so far listed are these CCer's:

homolog, Ms. J, Grannylorr and Hubby, genebennett,Peachy and Pinkie.

I know of probably 25 more "regular" Crosser's that have booked.

As many of you have creative minds, let's start planning a few fun

activites and events for our 13 days at sea.

Captain Toenis T. hosted an all ship "Treasure Hunt" in 2006~~~it was a huge success. (he hid a black safe with $100,000 in it) Anyone interested in a "Sea Hunt?" We'll plan a "Glad in PLAID" cocktail party in the Constellation Lounge~~~and probably J.B. will host his annual "Pajama Morning Champagne Social." Remember to wear GREEN to board the Pride on March 17th!!! For the Sail-a-bration!

Please be thinking of other parties/events, ship's activites we might enjoy. Please post your ideas.

Happy Trails and Sails!

Yes, we, too, frequent crossers will be aboard, looking forward to all the special events. Tho we have been on many crossings, none featuring all the things that will be planned. We hope to do it all! By the way, heard thru the grapevine (CC) that we can now pre-book shore excursions. Can't find a way to do that on the Seabourn web-site.

Bonnie & George. We are continuing on to Venice after the crossing. 14 more wonderful days!

Welcome, Welcome....

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone about T/A's - this will be my 15th cruise, and my 4th T/A, in a few short years. This looks like a great one! Jini

We (Diane & Harry) are also doing the crossing but continuing on to London for a 56 day cruise.

Granny Lor, we did the 72 SA cruise this year and absolutely loved it. 72 days was too short. We envied the people continuing for the crossing so you were smart in doing that as well. Last year we did Singapore, New Zealand, Australia just before you boarded.

Martha, do you know who our Captain will be on this sailing?

DP....I don't suppose you did a blog or review or something about your South American cruise? I would love to hear all about it.....the highlights, the shore excursions, what not to miss etc etc.....how many people actually did the whole 72 days? One couple we were looking forward to sailing with again, next year, have canceled the SA cruise and booked the Spirit to do the same as we did last year......they enjoyed my blog so much they want to do what we did! Maybe I had better not write any more blogs! :confused:

GRANNY IS ALL BOOKED AND ORGANISED!!

Where we are staying at the moment, I have good internet connections, but we are moving on tomorrow and may be off line again for a few days....sooooo I decided as its 330 days till we fly out of Lisbon I may as well book the flights! We are flying that Swiss flight back to LAX....don't really like the 7.45am flight time...:eek: Staying in Lisbon for 3 nights and booked the hotel as well.....never been to Lisbon so really have no idea of the lay of the land, so read up Trip Advisor, and chose the Metropole on Rossio Square.....sounds like it is quite "central" anyone know anything about it?

As tomorrow is "Mothers Day"...I used that as an excuse to drag hubby off to a shopping mall today......bought an "Eyewitness" guide to Lisbon.....seems I made a good guess as to the location of the Metropole......looks a great location..........we are now on a cattle ranch....but still have Wireless Internet connection!!! How did I ever survive without the Net!

Wow, those long cruises fascinate me - the longest I've done was 31 days - the great Cities of Europe - on the Marco Polo. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your adventures. Jini

• 3 weeks later...

March Pride Sailor's

Just returned from a land trip~~~a good time was had by all!

I'm sure our March Pride TA Crossing will be a "sell out" voyage shortly......always sells out months before the Cross. Just a reminder that we'll "fill up" in Ponta Delgada, Azores. I look forward to the brand new pier/cruise terminal they are building in Funchal. I was told last month, when visiting Madeira, the new cruise dock will be completed in 10 months. So, the Pride will be calling on Madeira Oct. 08. (Lisbon-Ft Lauderdale) The Island was never more beautiful than last month (May 17th) when I was visiting~~~ablaze with flowers and trees in full bloom.

Don't forget to shop for a few PLAID "outfits!" I know the Scots are pleased with the theme~~~"have kilt, will travel." And I'm sure our sail-a-bration on March 17th will be a GREEN affair! Anyone for Irish "gigging?"

Have a great and safe weekend!:p

Just a reminder that we'll "fill up" in Ponta Delgada, Azores. I look forward to the brand new pier/cruise terminal they are building in Funchal. I was told last month, when visiting Madeira, the new cruise dock will be completed in 10 months. So, the Pride will be calling on Madeira Oct. 08. (Lisbon-Ft Lauderdale)

Martita, the website still shows Funchal for both Pride and Legend Spring 2008 crossings - is it possible they could anchor there? :confused:

Pinkie & Cruisinmatt,

Around mid January this year, Seabourn changed this crossing from a 12 to a 13 night voyage. One additional sea day was added and Ponta Delgada was replaced with Funchal, Maderia. When we visited Ponta Delgada in March, there seemed to be a lot of work required to complete the yacht marina and cruise ship terminal. I also remember reading somewhere that the Funchal breakwater / dock would be demolished and replaced with a new one, but can' remember when this was going to take place. Anchoring in Funchal Harbor, I think, should not be a problem.

The Legend will call on Funchal during her November crossing this year. I will be happy to report on the status of the new dock construction. :)

As to the Cruise ship pier in Funchal I'm not certain if they will tear out the existing pier or simply construct an addition to it. The shop owners at the dock were getting ready to "pack up" and move their goods as of June. (I was there, middle of May) The cute owner of the Wine Store was telling us he is planning a brand new shop~~~and the new pier is suppose to be ready in 10 months. I bought fine wine from him, at a very reduced price, as he was trying to liquidate his stock.

Seabourn Pride is scheduled to call and "fill up" in Ponta Delgada, Azores, on our TA Cross, March 26th-08 but will call on Funchal, Madeira, in Oct.-08.

• 2 weeks later...

One question I've forgotten to ask is whether these smaller ships handle rough waters well. The smallest I've been on is Oceania's Regatta with 684 pax.

Also, I have to confess my ignorance, but what does DH stand for?

I see it everywhere on the boards. Looking forward to this cruise and meeting you all- it sounds like a big, happy family! Take care.

Pride Crossing Sailor's,

Another fun event has been added to our March 08 Transatlantic Crossing. For those that would like to participate we're going to enjoy: "World's Ugliest Tie" contest. It will probably be held in the Sky Bar some afternoon a'round 3 p.m. If you ladies want to enter your husband's, father's or brother's "unattractive" tie you may do so! There will be 3 judges~~"necktie policeman!" he he

Peachy,start your search! 1st Prize has not been decided as yet, but perhaps you will indeed want to win!;)

Good Luck!

Pinkie,

I have just barely secured my morning and evening PLAID wardrobe! I might still have hanging in my closet a couple of potential entries. However, knowing how the Pride-ite crossers are, I better get on the ball and start scrounging around for an unsightly necktie! :p

Archived