The Tuxedo has arrived!

Stella1250

Well, we found a great sale on a tuxedo at Macy's. I suppose it is last years style, but it is so classic one would never know. It is a Calvin Klein all wool. Very simple black. Fits well and was only $254.00. This is less than renting one on board.

Well, we found a great sale on a tuxedo at Macy's. I suppose it is last years style, but it is so classic one would never know. It is a Calvin Klein all wool. Very simple black. Fits well and was only $254.00. This is less than renting one on board.

I have a double breasted tuxedo which was rather expensive when I first bought it. I feel very comfortable in this tux but I am now beginning to wonder if I should replace it as it is probably completely out of fashion.

I have a double breasted tuxedo which was rather expensive when I first bought it. I feel very comfortable in this tux but I am now beginning to wonder if I should replace it as it is probably completely out of fashion.

The biggest change is in the cut of the trousers. I have some trousers with straight legs that now look and feel like 20" bell bottoms !

There is no such thing as an out of fashion Tuxedo ; -)

My husband started off on the 80s with a vintage 60s brooks brothers worsted shawl collared single breasted. Later he added a winter white worsted tropical dinner jacket, shawl collar, with black trew.

In the 90s he added a contemporary worsted peak lapel double breasted. For fun he had a 40s double breasted wool flannel with grosgrain peak lapels. THAT was stylin!

Recently he acquired, in Italy, a classic superfine single with peaked lapels with a matte satin lapel, AND a gorgeous midnight blue shantung shawl collared with a matte satin black lapel. The Italian suits are tailored within and inch of his life, and the fit improved when he lost 5 lbs. The Italian tailors take their body consciousness to extremes ; -)

If his shape hadn't changed over the years there is not one of those suits that he couldn't put on and wear today. Our nephew benefited from his uncle's excellent wardrobe contents when it was time to part with things that no longer suited Himself's mature figger!

The one caveat to that is the observation that if it was made in the '70s, and isn't black, or has bell bottoms, then it was never a tuxedo to begin with!

And a good tailor can fix the taper of those pants!