Day room not through PG? Don't want the island tour

trk_koa

Any suggestions for a day room on Tahiti after the cruise? We are not doing air inclusive since we are coming from HNL.

PG wants $240 pp for room and transfers but that includes a two hour bus tour we did before. Not interested in doing it again. TA found a day room including transfers that totals over $700 for two of us! That's crazy.

Anyone have a suggestion that's more cost effective?

Any suggestions for a day room on Tahiti after the cruise? We are not doing air inclusive since we are coming from HNL.

PG wants $240 pp for room and transfers but that includes a two hour bus tour we did before. Not interested in doing it again. TA found a day room including transfers that totals over $700 for two of us! That's crazy.

Anyone have a suggestion that's more cost effective?

Fare Suisse - Beni the owner will come and pick you up at the cruise ship area and then deliver you to the airport after your day stay. Probably need to book a one day stay but that is less expensive and the place is very nice. The transportation is included ;)

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

The PG will dock at 7:30 pm on the last night of the cruise. What time do flights leave for HNL?

You can disembark at 8:00 pm and go to the airport. That's what I am doing in January for the 11:00 pm departure to LAX. I don't need to sleep on the cruise and then have 14+ hours with no place to go the next day.

the HNL departure is on Saturday at 11:30 pm

I've done the LAX at 11:30 pm no problem leaving the ship at 8 pm.

We've also done the early AF flight and left the ship at 5 am. Problem with that is you want to enjoy the last night but getting up early sort of eliminates that.

However, I agree, sitting around for a whole day is a drag. We've also gotten off the ship in Moorea the last day and stayed 3 days at the IC .... that was nice.

the HNL departure is on Saturday at 11:30 pm

However, I agree, sitting around for a whole day is a drag. We've also gotten off the ship in Moorea the last day and stayed 3 days at the IC .... that was nice.

Yes. HNL flight is once per week on Saturday.

We will be staying 3 nights on Moorea pre-cruise at the IC. Doing a 10 day cruise that embarks on a Wednesday.

We are staying the night at Fare Suisse when we arrive in FP, then going to Moorea by ferry the next morning.

It would be nice to have a relaxing day by a pool, a nice dinner and a shower before going to the airport.

Fare Suisse will not do a day room, can't check in early. And no availability to book it for that Friday or Saturday night.

Still looking for suggestions.

There is a large jump in price form places like Fare Suisse and the major resorts. There are a few lower priced places but I've never stayed there so I would not recommend.

Remember the ol' saying' .... sometimes you get what you pay for, your not going to get a Mercedes for a Kia price ;)

One does not have to take the tour. Your disembarkation form will ask if you want to go directly to hotel which we do having done the the tour twice.

Thank you. I think that is what we will do.

• 2 weeks later...
I am cruising with Oceania but it was advised to come on your thread to get ideas.I contacted Intercontinental and they no longer do rooms and you cannot check in until 3pm.Waste of money...

Why dont you book your hotel room with Oceania...pretty sure they will make the arrangements.

Why dont you book your hotel room with Oceania...pretty sure they will make the arrangements.

Yes thanks.I looked into that as it makes sense and they charge a huge amount just for a communal room in the city hall with no shower facilities or luggage storage, insufficient seating and food options too. Basically stuck in a room all day with no escape!!!,

I have booked a room in a low cost pension across the road from the port.At least we can store luggage and go out for the day with a shower before the late flight home.

• 1 month later...

What is the itinerary for the last day? What time do you debark the ship if you purchase the day room/tour combo? Does PG take you on the bus tour directly from the dock, then drop you at the IC until it's time to go to the airport? Is it possible to use OBC to purchase the day room? TIA

What is the itinerary for the last day? What time do you debark the ship if you purchase the day room/tour combo? Does PG take you on the bus tour directly from the dock, then drop you at the IC until it's time to go to the airport? Is it possible to use OBC to purchase the day room? TIA

You will have a choice to go on the tour or directly to the resort. A few days prior to debarkation you will fill out a questionnaire to answer that question.

If you take the tour you will be picked up right from the PG .... the tour last about 2 hours and then you will be dropped off at the resort.

Typically if you purchased a day room from PG and you do not wish to take the tour you will stay on-board until after you have eaten lunch. The bus will take you to the IC where you get to relax and enjoy the day, take a shower before leaving to the airport which normally takes place around 3 hours prior to flight departure.

I am cruising with Oceania but it was advised to come on your thread to get ideas.I contacted Intercontinental and they no longer do rooms and you cannot check in until 3pm.Waste of money...

Not true. Just reserved a day pass at Intercontinental which includes pool access and lunch for either $60 or $90 USD, depending on which restaurant you want. We're there on an Oceania B2B changeover day. Need to taxi to/from the hotel. Though no room use, still a good way to go.

BTW, contact the hotel concierge directly vs the IHG 800 number. It helps if you have an IHG FF account (no cost).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi TKB, regarding the following

'Typically if you purchased a day room from PG and you do not wish to take the tour you will stay on-board until after you have eaten lunch.'

On our 12/2 cruise, the debarkation paperwork said everyone off by 10am. Wondered if that was just for our cruise or ? as in the past could stay until after lunch.

Did not matter to us as we debarked at 5:30a to catch our AF flight.

Hi TKB, regarding the following

'Typically if you purchased a day room from PG and you do not wish to take the tour you will stay on-board until after you have eaten lunch.'

On our 12/2 cruise, the debarkation paperwork said everyone off by 10am. Wondered if that was just for our cruise or ? as in the past could stay until after lunch.

Did not matter to us as we debarked at 5:30a to catch our AF flight.

I’ve stayed several times until I had eaten lunch. I can only give my own experiences ... the world changes every day so what my have been is no more ... guess you will find out ;)

We were also on the 12/2 cruise. The only passengers who need to leave the ship by 10 AM are those that have chosen not to participate in the air/sea travel program. So, if you took the air fare credit and booked your own flights, you need to leave by 10 AM. You also don't have access to the free 2 hour bus tour, nor the day room at the IC or Meridian, nor any free transfers.

Those who fly in with the flights provided by PG Cruises, don't have to leave the ship until at least noon. Everyone needs to leave their cabin by 9:30. The pool bar opens at 10. Lunch is provided from 11:00 to noon. Last February, it was at L'Etoile, and it was not well organized. The buffet was in the restaurant's entryway, and it seemed that many passengers were starving. On the 12/2 cruise, the last lunch was at La Veranda, and the food and service were just as good as every other lunch we had there during the cruise.

The 2 hour bus tours start from the dock between noon and 12:20. We skipped this in February, but took it this time since we were staying 2 nights at the IC and renting a car, so we wanted to see where the tour went, and not have to repeat those stops on our car rental day. Those going directly to the IC or Meridien for the day room leave the ship at 12:30. Normally, the room isn't ready until 3.

And while you can pay for pool usage during the afternoon at the IC if you eat lunch there, you don't get a room, you're there when many of the locals bring their kids to use the pool while they eat lunch, and you'll still be changing in a bathroom somewhere if you're passing time before your late night flight. Depending on what you spend for lunch (all food and beverages are expensive at the IC), it may be cheaper to book a room.

If you plan to fly through LAX, the PG air program, with or without a hotel stay at the beginning or end, is a very good deal compared to taking the air credit for most travellers. If it's more convenient to fly from a different airport, or you have access to a much cheaper flight for other reasons, and you decide to take the air credit, then you will find it less convenient getting on and off the ship in Tahiti. You just need to decide what is less inconvenient, and whether the taking the air credit is worth it.

We were also on the 12/2 cruise. The only passengers who need to leave the ship by 10 AM are those that have chosen not to participate in the air/sea travel program. So, if you took the air fare credit and booked your own flights, you need to leave by 10 AM. You also don't have access to the free 2 hour bus tour, nor the day room at the IC or Meridian, nor any free transfers.

Those who fly in with the flights provided by PG Cruises, don't have to leave the ship until at least noon. Everyone needs to leave their cabin by 9:30. The pool bar opens at 10. Lunch is provided from 11:00 to noon. Last February, it was at L'Etoile, and it was not well organized. The buffet was in the restaurant's entryway, and it seemed that many passengers were starving. On the 12/2 cruise, the last lunch was at La Veranda, and the food and service were just as good as every other lunch we had there during the cruise.

The 2 hour bus tours start from the dock between noon and 12:20. We skipped this in February, but took it this time since we were staying 2 nights at the IC and renting a car, so we wanted to see where the tour went, and not have to repeat those stops on our car rental day. Those going directly to the IC or Meridien for the day room leave the ship at 12:30. Normally, the room isn't ready until 3.

And while you can pay for pool usage during the afternoon at the IC if you eat lunch there, you don't get a room, you're there when many of the locals bring their kids to use the pool while they eat lunch, and you'll still be changing in a bathroom somewhere if you're passing time before your late night flight. Depending on what you spend for lunch (all food and beverages are expensive at the IC), it may be cheaper to book a room.

If you plan to fly through LAX, the PG air program, with or without a hotel stay at the beginning or end, is a very good deal compared to taking the air credit for most travellers. If it's more convenient to fly from a different airport, or you have access to a much cheaper flight for other reasons, and you decide to take the air credit, then you will find it less convenient getting on and off the ship in Tahiti. You just need to decide what is less inconvenient, and whether the taking the air credit is worth it.

So, on a related question about debarkation day, what is the normal time to debark when you are traveling to another island on inter-island air? We will be traveling to Raiatea and I am wondering if we will have a leasurely morning or will we have to get moving early to be transferred to the flight?

I know it does depend on airline schedules, but what has been your normal schedule when you have a post cruise stay under the PG program?

Thanks and I know this is a little off topic for the thread,

Doug