How long to disembark at Civitavecchia?

Emoliash

I am booking a private car to go from Civitavecchia to Rome and I am wondering what time I should book it for. We are on the Sapphire Princess and will be arriving at the Port at 5.00am. How long should I allow to disembark?

Thanks in advance.

You probably will be able to get off the ship by 7. It depends on whether or not you are doing independent walk off, taking your own luggage off.

It will be different if you have Princess staff take your luggage off and based on the colored/numbered tags you get, which is based on your flight time.

You probably will be able to get off the ship by 7. It depends on whether or not you are doing independent walk off, taking your own luggage off.

It will be different if you have Princess staff take your luggage off and based on the colored/numbered tags you get, which is based on your flight time.

Thanks so do you think if I book the car at 7.30am we should be off?

We did this cruise and it was our first cruise ever so I had no idea about disembarkation day and how long it takes to get off the ship. We used Rome in Limo and decided to have them pick us up at 10am. Needless to say, we waited around for a very long time!!! Now I know better and research cruises better.

There are a lot of things I would have done different on our Med cruise.

Good luck and enjoy!!

We disembarked the Royal Princess at Civitavecchia last May. We were assigned walk off at 7am. Deck 4 was jammed packed with a lot of impatient cruisers and a fight nearly broke out. We also had to take a bus from the pier to the entrance with took a few minutes. 30 minutes is likely very tight.