Carnival Stock Ownership & Onboard Credit

babscruiser

We have recently bought shares of Carnival Stock and have been told that with 100 shares, we can apply to Cunard for Onboard Credit. Does anyone know where the form is to apply and are there any regulations regarding when you can submit the form? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but we couldn't find it when reviewing recent message board postings.

If you booked in the UK, you must send to Carnival UK, if in the US to Cunard US, which is actually Princess in California. Certain information is required but no specific form.

Search under Investor Relations for addresses and Terms and Conditions.

Although there's an expiry date, it gets renewed every year.

In the US you can apply once you've made your final payment on your cruise. You will need to fax or mail your documents to and office in Santa Clarita, California. You will not receive a response. You will know that you have the OBC when your account has been updated. We ask our TA to check. If nothing happens after a few days, you may have to send your documents again.

Hello,

My (limited) expertise is with P&O in the UK but presume the same rules apply.

The Shareholder Benefits email address is in both the main cruise brochure and (in P&O's case) your Holiday Information brochure - containing details of excursions etc.

The proof can be a scanned copy of a document - either the certificate, brokers statement of account/holding/dealing or dividend payment. These docs must be no more than three months old when sent (apart from the certificate). They must also be received by Carnival at least 2 weeks before sailing and cannot be dealt-with once you are on board. For example, I am departing on 9th March, I sent my 'claim' on 31st January and received my acknowledgement from Carnival today, 10th Feb.

Regards,

Cublet

I am in the UK. I do not hold a stock certificate as my shares were bought through a bank (Halifax online sharedealing).

Once I have paid the balance, I phone Halifax and give them the cruise details. They contact Cunard for me, assuring them that I hold 100 shares. In addition I email Cunard direct (belt and braces) to tell them to expect the phone call. Shortly after that I receive an updated cruise notice from Cunard that shows I have the requisite OBC. I always take a photocopy of that along with me as there was one cruise when it did not show up on the ship's system and they had to chase it up for me. (That was at the time when I often booked cruises 2-3 days before sailing. Although the Cunard team say it takes a week to assign the credit, in circumstances like this they pull out all the stops and arrange it in a day.)

On a happy note, I bought my shares just over 5 years ago when they cost about £2,300. Since then I have received nearly £1700 in dividends and OBC. By the time I receive another $500 on my two cruises this year, I will be very close to having received back the amount I paid on the shares. I should reach that mark next year. That has always been my fun goal, so that no matter what happens to share prices I won't have lost out. (I have put the equivalent away each year in extra mortgage payments.)

We have recently bought shares of Carnival Stock and have been told that with 100 shares, we can apply to Cunard for Onboard Credit. Does anyone know where the form is to apply and are there any regulations regarding when you can submit the form? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but we couldn't find it when reviewing recent message board postings.

In The UK you can now use the email.

If your shares are held for you by a company like Hargreaves Lansdown and you have no share certificate

I attach a Copy of an updated online statement showing the allotted shares with the share certificate number crossed out and attach it to the email, together with my name , Ship, Voyage number and Booking reference and number of days travelling, together with a request for an updated booking confirmation.

It must be submitted at least two weeks before sailing.

A few days later I get confirmation that the obc has been applied to my booking.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example,photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below

The UK email address for UK Bookings

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Edited by Pennbank

...Certain information is required but no specific form....

Actually, last year we were given a form to complete, although we had not been provided with one on a previous booking. The form said Princess Cruises on the heading, but apparently works for all Cunard as well.

Sorry - tried to post the link, but apparently not in accordance with forum rules (I forgot). Do a Search for "Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefit Request Form," if you want to find it. As far as I know, it is not necessary to use the specific form, but we were asked to.

I am in the UK. I do not hold a stock certificate as my shares were bought through a bank (Halifax online sharedealing).

Once I have paid the balance, I phone Halifax and give them the cruise details. They contact Cunard for me, assuring them that I hold 100 shares. In addition I email Cunard direct (belt and braces) to tell them to expect the phone call. Shortly after that I receive an updated cruise notice from Cunard that shows I have the requisite OBC. I always take a photocopy of that along with me as there was one cruise when it did not show up on the ship's system and they had to chase it up for me.

I just take a screenshot of my Halifax sharedealing page and email that with my details nice and easy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

Once I have paid the balance, I phone Halifax and give them the cruise details. They contact Cunard for me, assuring them that I hold 100 shares. In addition I email Cunard direct (belt and braces) to tell them to expect the phone call. Shortly after that I receive an updated cruise notice from Cunard that shows I have the requisite OBC. I always take a photocopy of that along with me as there was one cruise when it did not show up on the ship's system and they had to chase it up for me. (That was at the time when I often booked cruises 2-3 days before sailing. Although the Cunard team say it takes a week to assign the credit, in circumstances like this they pull out all the stops and arrange it in a day.)

Same for Barclays in the UK