Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Cheapest Alaska Princess cruises I saw was $460, going from Whittier-Vancouver on July 18. I bought a Vancouver-Whittier on the Island Princess for $520 for an obstructed oceanview on July 25, with a $103 Jetblue flight home on August 2. I chose northbound because it includes a few spots I haven't been to, Icy Straight Point and College Fjord.

BTW, it appears that solo cruisers get double cruise credit points on Princess, and since Princess bases loyalty levels on number of cruises (as well as days cruised), you can get a higher level more quickly--I've only had 4 coastal cruises on them, but have 8 cruise credits and thus am already at Platinum Level (looking forward to the Elite level, with a free minibar setup and free laundry).

I just booked a balcony on Star Princess July 14 Alaska Southbound for $499 solo. I have only sailed with Princess one other time, but somehow I got this discounted offer with them. I think I got the last balcony but they have insides for $249 and oceanview for $349 under the offer I received. Soooooo excited!

I live in Anchorage, AK and have been waiting for a deal like this for a while!!

I just booked a balcony on Star Princess July 14 Alaska Southbound for $499 solo. I have only sailed with Princess one other time, but somehow I got this discounted offer with them. I think I got the last balcony but they have insides for $249 and oceanview for $349 under the offer I received. Soooooo excited!

I live in Anchorage, AK and have been waiting for a deal like this for a while!!

Awesome price - may look at Alaska for next year. Enjoy :D:D

BTW, it appears that solo cruisers get double cruise credit points on Princess, and since Princess bases loyalty levels on number of cruises (as well as days cruised), you can get a higher level more quickly--I've only had 4 coastal cruises on them, but have 8 cruise credits and thus am already at Platinum Level (looking forward to the Elite level, with a free minibar setup and free laundry).

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware that Princess, or any Carnival Corporation cruise line for that matter, did that.

RCI lines (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and I believe Azamara), do that also...as long as you are paying the full (double) price for the cabin. If they grant a greatly reduced single supplement on some cruise, I don't believe they will still give you the double credit. Also...if you book a Junior Suite or above, they will give you another a credit for each day, so you can get up to three per day.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware that Princess, or any Carnival Corporation cruise line for that matter, did that.

RCI lines (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and I believe Azamara), do that also...as long as you are paying the full (double) price for the cabin. If they grant a greatly reduced single supplement on some cruise, I don't believe they will still give you the double credit. Also...if you book a Junior Suite or above, they will give you another a credit for each day, so you can get up to three per day.

With Royal Caribbean as long as you are not in a solo cabin, you will get the extra points, they dont care what the SS is on the cabin. I have been getting the extra point, since 2013, regardless of the SS I paid. To be honest, their IT department is so horrible, i dont they could even figure out post cruise, who paid what lol... i know someone that got the extra point and was in a solo cabin.

Princess is actually the line that first gave out the extra points, starting back in 2009.

Its great for those of us that love to book 14-18 night transatlantic and transpacific cruise to rise up the quickly with the loyalty clubs.

A decent fare for those who like to plan ahead.

MSC Divina

Caribbean itinerary

Roundtrip Miami

January 10-20, 2019

Interior $730.07

Oceanview $872.57

Balcony $1,186.07

Port fees are an additional $122.69. Current promotion includes Drinks On Us.

Note: The fares quoted reflect the Black Card status discount which many have attained by Status Match.

A decent fare for those who like to plan ahead.

MSC Divina

Caribbean itinerary

Roundtrip Miami

January 10-20, 2019

Interior $730.07

Oceanview $872.57

Balcony $1,186.07

Port fees are an additional $122.69. Current promotion includes Drinks On Us.

Note: The fares quoted reflect the Black Card status discount which many have attained by Status Match.

An excellent find!!!

I just happened to run across today (thanks to an email from an online travel agency pointing me in that direction) that Uniworld river cruises has a number of cruises this year with no (and a few with reduced) solo supplement. I have a week-long cruise on hold at the moment for about $2500--and these cruises are all-inclusive of drinks, transfers, tips, shore excursions, etc.

I've been thinking of taking a river cruise for a while and this looks like a great option. The reviews I read on Cruise Critic of this cruise and line are great.

I just happened to run across today (thanks to an email from an online travel agency pointing me in that direction) that Uniworld river cruises has a number of cruises this year with no (and a few with reduced) solo supplement. I have a week-long cruise on hold at the moment for about $2500--and these cruises are all-inclusive of drinks, transfers, tips, shore excursions, etc.

I've been thinking of taking a river cruise for a while and this looks like a great option. The reviews I read on Cruise Critic of this cruise and line are great.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out as a river cruise is definitely on the list.

NCL Jade

TA 14 day April 28,

NYC to Rome

Inside 1604 CAD

OV 1738

Bal 2541

MS 2808

Suite 6290

Haven 10440

BTW it's a little tricky to find on the NCL website and may not be available on any of the Travel Agent websites yet. Just select the Jade and scroll through til you find it.

Cheers

I dunno but that ship used to be the RCCL Sovereign of the Sea which was a sister ship to the Monarch of the Seas and also the Majesty of the Seas (the latter is still in service for RCCL). The Monarch was the first ship I sailed in 1994 which impressed me enough that I'm up to about 22 cruises now. They were pretty revolutionary at the time

Beyondsghips.com still have a profile of the ship with pictures. Looks like Pullmantur is a RCCL affiliate focusing on the Spanish market

http://www.beyondships4.com/sovereign-mini-profile.html

Edited by Stallion

What is the dollar amount for a “bargain”for a 7day Cruise?

my threshold is about $50/day.

so $350 before taxes + fees.

last month, there was a Boston to Bermuda on Dawn for $399.

i would have taken that if it was sailing out of my home port of NY.

What is the dollar amount for a “bargain”for a 7day Cruise?

bargain for me is $75per day taxes included, Im always curious why people like to exclude the taxes and fees, because for some cruises they are $$$$ and it might be cheaper to consider other options if bargain hunting.

My solo budget is $100 per day without taxes for an inside up to $200 per day for a balcony (my preference). I got a balcony guarantee on Celebrity Summit for $1280 w/taxes but no perks in December. Not a bargain, but good for me with respect to my budget.

That rate is still available (Dec 1) for AZ residents. I didn’t check other states.