wondering about alcohol

kllychpmn

thing of an arercan cruise but i do like more than a drink or two on vacation, I see they have a cocktail hour but thats about it . Do I bring my own or is this a sobering experience, please help we have found a couple of great cruises , but the booze thing is bit of an issue

thing of an arercan cruise but i do like more than a drink or two on vacation, I see they have a cocktail hour but thats about it . Do I bring my own or is this a sobering experience, please help we have found a couple of great cruises , but the booze thing is bit of an issue

Besides the more than "just a cocktail hour" (a pretty full open bar), there is complimentary wine/beer at lunch and dinner. Also have seen some folks leaving the dining room with full glasses of wine, heading to the evening show (or wherever). I understand that they also have drinks available (at a cost) -- have no idea of the cost of those. Have not seen any need for those, but that is just us.

NRayH

As others have posted there is open bar each evening for about an hour preceding dinner and wine and beer are also served during meals.

If you would like more than that feel free to bring your own as there is no provision for alcohol outside of those hours. I bring along my spirits as we often play cards after dinner in one of the lounges and I like to have an accompanying drink. Ice and sodas are available 24/7 for your convenience.

Mike:)

great answers thanks im sold and cant wait to book

Curious as to which itinerary has attracted your interest. We have two "on the books" with a few more we are considering booking when we are on board again in June.

NRayH

• 3 months later...
There was a good selection of liquor during cocktail hour and I could get a Bloody or martini at lunch at no extra cost. They also left a bottle of scotch in our cabin and gave me a bottle of Empress blue gin, both at no charge.

Woah that's cool. May i know what american cruise line is that?

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, puli said:

Are all these free alcoholic drinks standard ? Does that mean that non drinkers are helping to foot the bill or is there an optional fee one pays for the "free" booze?

Yes the evening cocktail hours are complimentary and included with your cruise.  American Cruise Line does not sell alcohol to its passengers.

mike