Regal Princess - Anytime dining or 8:15 table for 2?

Dejlig Ko

Booked on the Regal (first time) for Canada/New England this fall. We always do anytime dining and eat later (after 7:30), so I booked traditional dining at 8:15pm table for two. Now wondering if I should switch to anytime, as I don't know when the shows are scheduled and we do like to see most of the evening shows in the theater. Any advice or thoughts? Anyone know when the shows are on the Canada/New England sailings or if anytime for a table for two is easy on the Regal if you eat later. Thanks in advance!

Try out the Traditional dining; if you don't like it or the times don't fit with the activities, you can easily switch to Anytime. As a table for 2, you won't even have to explain to anyone.

Thanks! I was thinking along the same lines, also to try it out for future Princess cruises, we are booked on the Emerald in December with anytime at this point. Have had anytime on The Golden, The Grand, The Crown and The Ruby with little to no problems.

We only do traditional, if we have late seating at 8:15 we are instructed to go to the early show which goes on during early seating. All early seating guests go to the show when the 8:15 diners are eating. We love to have the same table and the same wait staff each night and it has made for a truly remarkable cruise. We have done ATD but prefer traditional.

Booked on the Regal (first time) for Canada/New England this fall. We always do anytime dining and eat later (after 7:30), so I booked traditional dining at 8:15pm table for two. Now wondering if I should switch to anytime, as I don't know when the shows are scheduled and we do like to see most of the evening shows in the theater. Any advice or thoughts? Anyone know when the shows are on the Canada/New England sailings or if anytime for a table for two is easy on the Regal if you eat later. Thanks in advance!

The only thing I can add to the discussion would be the "table for two." Although they call it a table for two, in most cases you will be sitting a foot from the adjacent table for two. There are a few true two tops but hard to get.

We are also doing a New England/Canada in Oct and we chose early traditional. We have done Anytime Dining on several other cruises without a problem but on our last cruise in January on the Ruby it was awful. Waiting 45 minutes just to get a beeper and then more waiting. Tried for reservations without luck. Only available after 7:30 and I can't eat that late. Thought we'd try traditional for a change. We'll see if we like it.

Booked on the Regal (first time) for Canada/New England this fall. We always do anytime dining and eat later (after 7:30), so I booked traditional dining at 8:15pm table for two. Now wondering if I should switch to anytime, as I don't know when the shows are scheduled and we do like to see most of the evening shows in the theater. Any advice or thoughts? Anyone know when the shows are on the Canada/New England sailings or if anytime for a table for two is easy

on the Regal if you eat later. Thanks in

advance!

We have always booked anytime dining and have never had a problem getting a table. We are always willing to share. We are sailing this cruise also on October 14

We are also doing a New England/Canada in Oct and we chose early traditional. We have done Anytime Dining on several other cruises without a problem but on our last cruise in January on the Ruby it was awful. Waiting 45 minutes just to get a beeper and then more waiting. Tried for reservations without luck. Only available after 7:30 and I can't eat that late. Thought we'd try traditional for a change. We'll see if we like it.

When do you sail? We are set to sail October 14

Princess Theater shows are timed to allow those in Traditional Dining to attend one of the shows.

For late seating, sometimes it will be before dinner and sometimes it will be after.

By the way, 8:15 is the plugged in time in the personalizer. Actual time on the ship may be different and will be (until Medallions replace cruise cards) be printed on your cruise card.

The only thing I can add to the discussion would be the "table for two." Although they call it a table for two, in most cases you will be sitting a foot from the adjacent table for two. There are a few true two tops but hard to get.

So true. Our first (but definitely not the last) experience in TD, we had a 2 top. It was placed in a little alcove, right next to another table...so it was really a 4 top. Nice little alcove, but we were definitely not alone. ;)

Sorry .. The LATER you dine at ATD the easier to get a table!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As devoted ATD-ers who always dine at 8:00 or later at a table for two, I can attest to this.

I would add, if a table for two is a priority, be sure to check soon after boarding that you have been assigned to one. My limited experience with TD (and requesting a 2 top) has been that this request has not been fulfilled until we spoke with the Maitre'd and had it fixed.