Regent Seven Seas Mariner Renovation

bigmac1av

Has anyone seen or heard about the March 2018 plans for the Mariner refit?

Well, today we received the Seven Seas Society Pages (quarterly newsletter) which has some description and artist's conceptions of the refit. New Library and Coffee Connection. Redone Prime 7 and Chartreuse replacing Signatures. New pool area. And a "luxuriously modern new design" in Penthouse, Concierge and Deluxe Suites...which is everything except the top level suites (???).

We'll be on Mariner in May and look forward to the redesign.

One of the most needed changes in in LV. It will look like the Explorer after the refit. Instead of two areas where you can get items on the buffet with a very narrow space between the two sections, there will be an openness that is not there now and serving stations as well as separate stations where you can get salads, deserts, breads, etc. You kind of have to have been on Explorer to understand what I'm saying.

Thanks, TC. Our first three regent trips were to Alaska and they were great. We were on the Navigator in a Penthouse C and thought it was great.

Our last trip was on the Mariner to the Caribbean in suite 989, Seven Seas Aft, and they practically had to drag us off. We are now scheduled for the same suite for the May 6, SF to Vancouver trip. I hope they don't make too many changes.

I love the thought of sitting on that beautiful balcony and watching the majesty of Alaska as the midnight sun shimmers on our wake.

We are from Orange County, CA, and watch the whale head north to Alaska and are hoping that a few will keep us company on the way!

Hope we meet someday.

Portolan, looking forward to meeting you onboard!

Edited by bigmac1av
addition

They aren't going to change the suite - will just make it more beautiful. The Seven Seas suites had a more recent refurbishment than the lower suites and will just get new carpeting, and likely new furniture (not sure). We are in a Grand Suite now and the carpeting and furniture needs upgrading but the rest of the suite is lovely. The PH and lower suites will be stripped down to the bare walls and floors. Not an inch will be untouched.

Enjoy your Alaska cruise:D

Thanks, TC. Off topic question, but my guess you will know. Our very first cruise on the Navigator we had the best Butler ever. His name was Leslie and we haven't had the pleasure of seeing him since. Is there a way to track where he might be. I'd love to at least see him so that I could tell him that he is one of the reason we've continued booking Regent cruises. He was SPECIAL!

Well, today we received the Seven Seas Society Pages (quarterly newsletter) which has some description and artist's conceptions of the refit. New Library and Coffee Connection. Redone Prime 7 and Chartreuse replacing Signatures. New pool area. And a "luxuriously modern new design" in Penthouse, Concierge and Deluxe Suites...which is everything except the top level suites (???).

We'll be on Mariner in May and look forward to the redesign.

We are booked on our first Regents cruise in a Penthouse Suite on Mariner. Was there any information as to the changes that they plan in the Penthouse Suite?

We are booked on our first Regents cruise in a Penthouse Suite on Mariner. Was there any information as to the changes that they plan in the Penthouse Suite?

Just want to jump in since we are currently on the ship. Everything in the living area will be stripped down to bare walls and the carpet removed to the bare floor. Not sure about the bathroom. They may put the gray that was put in the upper suites during the last refurbishment. What didn't change was the old granite (could be marble) which tends to make the bathroom look a bit dated but, IMO, is not a big deal.

From what I was told, all public areas, restaurants and lounge will be completely redone (as well as the PH and below suites). The ship will be gorgeous!

Thanks, TC. Our first three regent trips were to Alaska and they were great. We were on the Navigator in a Penthouse C and thought it was great.

Our last trip was on the Mariner to the Caribbean in suite 989, Seven Seas Aft, and they practically had to drag us off. We are now scheduled for the same suite for the May 6, SF to Vancouver trip. I hope they don't make too many changes.

I love the thought of sitting on that beautiful balcony and watching the majesty of Alaska as the midnight sun shimmers on our wake.

We are from Orange County, CA, and watch the whale head north to Alaska and are hoping that a few will keep us company on the way!

Hope we meet someday.

Portolan, looking forward to meeting you onboard!

We just booked cabin 988 for the Alaska to Los Angeles trip in 2019. Glad you liked the suite we will be looking forward to the cruise

Just want to jump in since we are currently on the ship. Everything in the living area will be stripped down to bare walls and the carpet removed to the bare floor. Not sure about the bathroom. They may put the gray that was put in the upper suites during the last refurbishment. What didn't change was the old granite (could be marble) which tends to make the bathroom look a bit dated but, IMO, is not a big deal.

From what I was told, all public areas, restaurants and lounge will be completely redone (as well as the PH and below suites). The ship will be gorgeous!

Thanks TC. We're doing Honolulu to Sydney in Nov. 44 nights. Our first Regents cruise and first luxury line. "Go big or go home" I suppose. Really REALLY looking forward to it!

Thanks TC. We're doing Honolulu to Sydney in Nov. 44 nights. Our first Regents cruise and first luxury line. "Go big or go home" I suppose. Really REALLY looking forward to it!

Prediction...... you are going to have a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to hearing about it:D

Jackie,

Am I understanding that they are not renovating the top suites? Are they in good condition? I was hoping that everything was being done with this renovation?

I am enjoying following along on your Amazon trip!

Wendy

Jackie,

Am I understanding that they are not renovating the top suites? Are they in good condition? I was hoping that everything was being done with this renovation?

I am enjoying following along on your Amazon trip!

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

The top suites were renovated much more recently than lower suites. They will likely have the furniture and carpeting redone but aside for that, there is little to do (we are in a Grand suite and it is beautiful .... except that it does need carpeting and new furniture. In my opinion, it does not need the walls stripped or new tiles in the bathroom (although I wish they could replace the gold granite but don't think that it will be happening.)

From what I'e heard, the $50M renovation will make the Mariner the second most beautiful ship in the fleet (after the Explorer)

Jackie

Hi Wendy,

The top suites were renovated much more recently than lower suites. They will likely have the furniture and carpeting redone but aside for that, there is little to do (we are in a Grand suite and it is beautiful .... except that it does need carpeting and new furniture. In my opinion, it does not need the walls stripped or new tiles in the bathroom (although I wish they could replace the gold granite but don't think that it will be happening.)

From what I'e heard, the $50M renovation will make the Mariner the second most beautiful ship in the fleet (after the Explorer)

Jackie

I know the Explorer is your favorite !

I am so looking forward to being on her next year!

I am so amazed and impressed that you are going outside of your comfort zone and doing this trip! I love visiting new people and and learning g about other cultures but the heat and bug thing...not so much! I think you are being such a great sport! I am living vicariously through your travels!

Prediction...... you are going to have a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to hearing about it:D

Thank you TC! I am so excited! I've been looking at videos of the ships, ports, etc. Really hope someone posts a video after the renovation. I am just loving having this wonderful "bucket list" adventure ahead of me!

I know the Explorer is your favorite !

I am so looking forward to being on her next year!

I am so amazed and impressed that you are going outside of your comfort zone and doing this trip! I love visiting new people and and learning g about other cultures but the heat and bug thing...not so much! I think you are being such a great sport! I am living vicariously through your travels!

Yes, the Explorer is our favorite then the Voyager. While Mariner has more public spaces, the suites below PH level are not as spacious as on the Voyager or Navigator.

Thanks for your kind words about our current cruise. I am enjoying meeting the people and seeing the scenery.

At this point, I am counting the days until we leave the

Amazon - just to cool off to 80 degrees (which is typically too hot for me).