Platinum/Diamond Party invitation is now for entire cabin

RjayB

From the Conquest Nov 5th 2017 sailing: The platinum/diamond invitations are no longer per person. The invitation is addressed to the cabin number, and everyone in the cabin is invited regardless of individual status.

I didnt see this mentioned anywhere else, have any recent platinum/diamond cruisers seen this on any other ships?

:confused:Hmmmmm, that's odd. Not sure how accurate this is. I will be sailing on the Sunshine next September. I'm platinum, but my friend will be a first time cruiser. So she can now attend the shingding with me?

So where does that leave the gold status people? Seem unfair to me.....if this is true.

:confused:Hmmmmm, that's odd. Not sure how accurate this is. I will be sailing on the Sunshine next September. I'm platinum, but my friend will be a first time cruiser. So she can now attend the shingding with me?

So where does that leave the gold status people? Seem unfair to me.....if this is true.

LOL as a chronic sceptic I love the attitude! Perhaps I should have put more information. DW and I are both platinum, and when the invitation was left in the cabin (on Tuesday I think, the party was Friday the 10th) we thought at first they had forgotten one. However, on closer inspection we realized neither of our names was on the invitation, it was simply addressed to our Stateroom number. At the party, our table mates also only received one invitation for their cabin, even though one of them is diamond and the other is platinum.

The bottom line is that it doesnt matter whether or not your cabin mates are blue, red, or gold...as long as at least one person in the cabin is platinum, they are all invited.

This was on the Conquest last week. It seems doubtful that it would be an isolated case, although that is always a possibility. I think DW took a picture, if I can find it I will post it here.

Last month on the Dream, my husband and I received 1 invitation with both of our names on it. We are both Platinum. Maybe they were running low on that black fancy paper on the Dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the Conquest Nov 5th 2017 sailing: The platinum/diamond invitations are no longer per person. The invitation is addressed to the cabin number, and everyone in the cabin is invited regardless of individual status.

I didnt see this mentioned anywhere else, have any recent platinum/diamond cruisers seen this on any other ships?

Twelve cruises with Carnival in the past two years ,both Diamond ,both received separate invitations each time. As others have stated it's obvious Carnival knows who is in the cabin .

:) However this sounds like you received a different kind of invitation :) .

I would truly love to see this take place. (y)

My invitations on the Glory this last time and Conquest only had my cabin number. I don't think it means the whole cabin is invited, but rather the format that the ship is using for it's correspondence. For example, on Vista, all of the papers that were Guest/Cabin specific had my name on it. On Conquest and Glory, all of them only said something like "Greetings" with no name.

My invitations on the Glory this last time and Conquest only had my cabin number. I don't think it means the whole cabin is invited, but rather the format that the ship is using for it's correspondence. For example, on Vista, all of the papers that were Guest/Cabin specific had my name on it. On Conquest and Glory, all of them only said something like "Greetings" with no name.

I politely disagree :D Cabin # = people in the cabin :D:'):D

The gold people are not loosing anything. When a loyal cruiser brings somebody new to the line, the very least the line can do as thanks is allow the loyal cruiser to have a companion at the thank you party.

The gold people are not loosing anything. When a loyal cruiser brings somebody new to the line, the very least the line can do as thanks is allow the loyal cruiser to have a companion at the thank you party.

OMG riffraff at the party!

Another line I have sailed gives your partner the same points and status as the one with the most points.

Are people really that excited about going to an invitation event and leaving their traveling companion behind?

Are people really that excited about going to an invitation event and leaving their traveling companion behind?

Doesn’t bother me any leaving my non Platinum cruising companion behind. Just did it last month matter of fact. It’s less than an hour long and it’s no big deal to be on my own for that short amount of time.

OMG riffraff at the party!

Another line I have sailed gives your partner the same points and status as the one with the most points.

LOL. When it comes to my partner, I agree with you and would not want to without him. Thank goodness, the other line matches for spouses.

Now on the other hand... My Aunt is going with me on the next one in two weeks and I am very glad she cannot get in. ;p

My issue with this is that gold used to be able to go to the party. We were able to go one time and then they took it away. I really think if they can take the perk away after someone had earned it then everyone needs to be Platinum/ diamond to go. Just because you happen to sail with someone that has a higher status then you does not mean you can have the same perks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

There are differences between ships depending on the current cruise directors so just because something happens on one ship does not mean it is cruise line policy.

Quite true! If the staff (CD) at the door are not checking the Invitations, everyone on the ship who happens to know a PT/DI guest, and/or overhears a conversation, can walk right in?:confused:

I was in a similar situation last month on my honeymoon cruise with my husband. He has one more cruise than I do, so he is platinum and I am gold. I chose not to attend the party because I was not officially invited. All the platinum’s we were traveling with told me to come because they don’t check invites or cards. I think at bare minimum your legal spouse should be invited. It’s a moot point now because our next cruise I’ll be platinum too. We attended the parties together prior to the changes to the VIFP program. If this is a real change it’s about time!