'THE BAGGAGE HANDLING COMPANY' has anyone used them - Southampton drop off/pick up?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:44 AM.
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
I have never done a New Thread before.....patience if it goes haywire, thanks.

We will be sailing with Cunard M820C 3 June - Southampton-Southampton - and are going to use the baggage handling company 'The Baggage Handling Company' to take the bags to the ship and pick them up on our return as we find the handling of the bags becoming increasingly hard - as we travel to Southampton by rail etc.

The question is: has anyone used them and is there anything we should be aware of - hints - cautions etc.

www.thebaggagehandlingcompany.com

Thanks, David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
386 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Frequent customer here. They do exactly what they advertise in a friendly and efficient manner.

They will collect bags from your home a few days before you sail and deliver them to the ship on the day. On the morning of arrival at the end of the cruise they will text or call you around 8am and let you know where their van is parked, it is usually close to the exit from the terminal, and when you hand the bags over the driver will tell you which day they will be delivered.

M-AR
Derbyshire
88 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
We have used them and been very impressed.
Last week as we disembarked QV they were inside the QE Terminal . At the Oceon Terminal they are usually near the zebra crossing just outside the terminal.
Wigan, Lancashire
278 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
We have used them both to take luggage from our home to the ship and also to collect from the ship and return home - good service - no problems.

David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alaska - Regal Princess - May 1999
Baltic - Crown Princess - May 2004
Mediterranean - Sea Princess - 2006
Canada & New England - Grand Princess - October 2008
Fjords & North Cape - Grand Princess - May 2011
Mediterranean - Queen Victoria - October 2011
Europe, Arts & Craft Cruise - Ocean Countess - May 2012
Fjords & Waterfalls - Queen Victoria - June 2012
Azores & Canary Islands - Celebrity Eclipse - Oct 2012
Atlantic Isles Discovery - Queen Victoria - May 2013
Fjords & Waterfalls - Queen Victoria - June 2013
Wonders of the Mediterranean - Queen Victoria - October 2014
Lusitania Remembered - Queen Victoria - May 2015
Spain & Italy - Queen Elizabeth - October 2015
Spain and France - Emerald Princess - May 2016
Iberia & Canary Islands - Queen Elizabeth - Sept 2016
France & Spain - Crown Princess - May 2017
Queen Elizabeth 2's 50th Anniversary - Sept 2017
Queen Victoria - Baltic Highlights - August 2018.

Future Cruises:

P & O - Canary Islands and Iberia - May 2019.
Edinburgh,Scotland,UK
318 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Oh wow that looks like a great option. I have never heard of them. Thanks for posting DT PB.

Could be an excellent option for my Cruise from Southampton next year. It looks cheaper than actually flying with them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Scotland
124 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Could you use them to pick up from home if you are waiting for your stateroom number to be advised last minute or even only when you arrive at embarkation?
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by goodsailors
Could you use them to pick up from home if you are waiting for your stateroom number to be advised last minute or even only when you arrive at embarkation?
Hello, we are on a Cunard fare so had our cabin number. When I booked our bag pick up etc the person on the phone did say not having the cabin number when booking was not a problem as you can let them have it when its allocated. However that my be a challenge if they allocate it after the bags have been collected.

Unless others have first hand experience I think you would be better calling them - they are very helpful:
www.thebaggagehandlingcompany.com

Bon voyage
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Mid-Atlantic Ridge
Frequent customer here. They do exactly what they advertise in a friendly and efficient manner.

They will collect bags from your home a few days before you sail and deliver them to the ship on the day. On the morning of arrival at the end of the cruise they will text or call you around 8am and let you know where their van is parked, it is usually close to the exit from the terminal, and when you hand the bags over the driver will tell you which day they will be delivered.

M-AR
Hello, thanks for the feedback, which is much appreciated - first hand experience of a service is worth a lot of marketing. It seems odd to doubt the service but it is rather strange giving a company two weeks of luggage - I don't fancy a Trans Atlantic in the same embarkation clothes - nor would fellow passengers!

Thanks and happy future cruises. David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by pinkpanther52
Oh wow that looks like a great option. I have never heard of them. Thanks for posting DT PB.

Could be an excellent option for my Cruise from Southampton next year. It looks cheaper than actually flying with them.
Hello, we sail early June and I will post an update about the service when we get back.

Happy future sailings - David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Dajo5601
We have used them both to take luggage from our home to the ship and also to collect from the ship and return home - good service - no problems.

David
Hello, thanks for the comments - we have booked them for June and will re use them later in the year on our return. Odd thing giving a company two weeks of luggage!!! Did not fancy wearing same clothes for 2 weeks!! LOL.

Happy future cruises, David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Mid-Atlantic Ridge

M-AR
Hello, thanks for the info - we have booked them. It should be so much easier than taking so many bags across country by train.

Have some great future cruises, David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19
Derbyshire, England
133 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Originally posted by Elephant1151
We have used them and been very impressed.
Last week as we disembarked QV they were inside the QE Terminal . At the Oceon Terminal they are usually near the zebra crossing just outside the terminal.
Hello, thanks for the advise - they are booked. Much appreciated.

David
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David

Silversea x4
Cunard x19