The Money Bar

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:45 AM.
Ontario, Canada
14 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Anyone been to the Money Bar that can tell me more about it. My wife, my two kids, ages 11 and 12, and myself will be in Cozumel during March Break and are looking for a relaxing place to hang out for a few hours. I found the website and the place looks great. Is it expensive? Is swimming good there? Lots of space or can it get crowded? Far from the cruise pier?

Any input is appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2007 Voyager of the Seas

2006 Carnival Destiny

2005 Carnival Paradise
kentucky
343 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
It's a great place to hangout. There's no admission fee and the food (delicious) and drinks are reasonable. It's one of the best places to snorkel from the shore, but there is no real beach. The current can sometimes be a little strong getting in and out.

It's not huge but it doesn't seem to get too crowded. It depends on which port you dock at, but it's not too far from where Carnival docks at Puerta Maya.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation: Nov. 2012 E172 + Oct. 2013 M65
Carnival Triumph: Oct. 2014 1052

Carnival Dream: Aug. 2016 10-255 + Sept. 2017 11-234
UP NEXT: Carnival Dream: September 2018
1,026 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I love the Money Bar, but it may not be the best option for an 11 and 12 year old. There is no pool or water toys (slides, trampolines, etc.), if that is what you are looking for. Also, the currents can be strong, as mentioned above. Chankanaab or Paradise Beach may be better options if you are wanting more activities than a nice lounger, good food / drinks and snorkeling.

As far as your specific questions, there is no entry fee at the Money Bar. Food and drinks are fairly reasonable. Food portions are large enough to share in most cases, especially the nachos. It’s a short taxi ride to / from the International Pier ($ 11-12 for the cab each way total). They do rent snorkeling equipment ($ 10-12 ?per person) and offer massages for an additional fee. I’ve never seen it overly crowded, even with 4+ ships in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Jewel of the Seas - Barbados / Dominica / Grenada / St Maarten / St Thomas
2018 - HAL Rotterdam - Key West / Roatan / Santo Tomas de Castillo / Costa Maya
2017 - Radiance of the Seas - Alaskan Cruise - Vancouver to Seward - Ketchikan / Sitka / Haines / Juneau / Skagway / Hubbard Glacier
2016 - Carnival Splendor - Roatan / Belize / Costa Maya / Cozumel / Grand Cayman
2016 - Carnival Valor - Nassau / Amber Cove / Grand Turk
2015 - Explorer of the Seas - Cocoa Cay / Cozumel
2014 - Jewel of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
2013 - Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean
2010 - Carnival Breeze - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - Norwegian - Exotic Western Caribbean
2007 - Princess - Alaskan Cruise
1995 - SeaBreeze - Eastern Caribbean
1992 - Mardi Gras - Bahamas
1991 - Fesitvale - Bahamas
1991 - MS Caribe 1 - Eastern Caribbean
1988 - Starship Oceanic - Bahamas
Northern VA & DC
19,578 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
The lack of a real beach pool, water toys etc. keep the crowds down. If your kids are into snorkeling it is a great option. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has a photo intensive review of MB and other Cozumel beach clubs linked in her signature -- check it out!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golf! A game invented by people who think good music comes from bagpipes.
Ontario, Canada
14 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Thank you very much everyone for the input. Will keep looking at what else is available. Not leaving for awhile, so will keep reading reviews on here.

Thanks,

Teacher95
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2007 Voyager of the Seas

2006 Carnival Destiny

2005 Carnival Paradise
South Carolina
30,956 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
As long as you understand there is no real beach and you just want to snorkel or eat/drink, you'll be fine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
kentucky
343 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
You might want to also check out Playa Uvas.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation: Nov. 2012 E172 + Oct. 2013 M65
Carnival Triumph: Oct. 2014 1052

Carnival Dream: Aug. 2016 10-255 + Sept. 2017 11-234
UP NEXT: Carnival Dream: September 2018