Photos: Dogs onboard Queen Mary 2 on her Transatlantic Crossing

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:43 AM.
On Cruise Ships and in Australia & New Zealand
8,311 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Last year (4th August 2017) we did the Transatlantic Crossing cruise on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York.

While we where on Queen Mary 2 we had some four legged animals on the ship as well:

I managed to get a few photos of them

A Dog checking in: (Sorry for the bad quality)

The Dogs of Queen Mary 2 - 4th August 2017 sailing:

Also apparently on the cruise before ours there where some cats on board as well, and Did you know that cats get sea sick!
On Cruise Ships and in Australia & New Zealand
8,311 Posts
Joined Jul 2007

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our Next Cruises:

Past Cruises:
16 more cruises +
Queen Elizabeth - 8 Feb 2015
Pacific Pearl - 8 May 2015
Emerald Princess - 19 Sept 2015
Emerald Princess - 26 Sept 2015
Emerald Princess - 17th Oct 2015
Carnival Glory - 25 Oct 2015
Coral Princess - 7 Oct 2015
Pacific Aria - 17 Dec 2015
Queen Mary 2 - 11 March 2016
Sun Princess - 19 April 2016
Queen Victoria - 17 Sept 2016
Emerald Princess - 28 Sept 2016
Pacific Pearl - 30 Jan 2017
P&O UK: Aurora - 12 March 2017
P&O UK: Aurora - 22 March 2017
P&O UK: Aurora - 29 April 2017
Queen Victoria - 8th July 2017
Queen Mary 2 - 4th Aug 2017.
Grand Princess - 15th Sept 2017
Maasdam - 27th Sept 2017
Pacific Aria - 14th Nov 2017.
Sun Princess - 22nd Dec 2017.
Pacific Dawn - 8 April 2018.

My Photos & Video: My Flickr Account | My Youtube channel.
Central FLA
653 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Such darling photos...DH comments all the time “I don’t understand why Princess won’t let me bring our Chocolate Lab on a cruise ...,he’d have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Coral Princess 2018 Partial Panama Canal
Coral Princess 2015 Voyage of the Glaciers NB
Crown Princess 2011 Western Carribbean
Crown Princess 2009 Eastern Carribbean
Norwegian Sun 2008 Western Carribbean
Golden Princess 2004 Eastern Carribbean
Hawaii
377 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
I'm not sure if the O P made clear, the dogs on the QM2 are in the kennels 100 % of the time. They are N E V E R out and about. Their owners can go visit them, walk them in the ' special' area, and attendants are there to manage them, 24/7, but these fur-balls do not mingle with the passengers, ever.
Bournemouth
96 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by hihilo
I'm not sure if the O P made clear, the dogs on the QM2 are in the kennels 100 % of the time. They are N E V E R out and about. Their owners can go visit them, walk them in the ' special' area, and attendants are there to manage them, 24/7, but these fur-balls do not mingle with the passengers, ever.

Hate to disagree but I have seen a lady with a pair of Boston terriers in the gift shop before during a transatlantic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
UK
2,308 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Actually there was one occasion when this happened. Mid morning DH and I were taking our usual stroll around the deck when we saw a couple, he in a dinner suit and she in a long dress; I was just about to say 'how odd' when I realised they had a dog with them and a photographer in tow. Clearly they were looking for that perfect spot to have a 'family photograph' taken
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2018 Southampton-San Francisco - Cunard. 2017 Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
76 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
I love how the dogs quickly realise they are the most popular guests on the ship!! If you go onto the deck where the kennels are about midnight, you may see them out for walks on the main deck with their owners (On leads).
Dallas
89 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
One of our favorite daily activities- going to look at the dogs !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mark & Clay

Queen Mary 2 05/2017
Coral Princess 05/2015
Queen Mary 2 05/2012
Hamburg
439 Posts
Joined May 2013
Sorry to disagree with you but we have seen dogs several times with their (irresponsible owners) in the lido
Calgary
54 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
We also enjoy looking at the dogs at the kennels, undoubtedly the good side of QM2 canine matters.

The bad side is allowing some dog owners way too much latitude. On a Spring crossing a couple of years ago (before the refit), there was a lady traveller who was allowed to have her small dog with her throughout the trip, apparently on grounds that it was a 'comfort' dog.

Bad enough was that the dog was yappy & generally unpleasant to all who passed by, including in the main dining room. Worse was seeing the woman walk her dog in the main customer service area & watching it urinate all over the carpet, in full view of passengers & crew alike.

No doubt the lady concerned genuinely felt she needed the dog as a comfort blanket, but it was something everyone present could have well done without !