What time do Cunard gyms open?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:18 PM.
SE Queensland, Australia
5,485 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Used to know - but have forgotten.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A Blog of our unusual "World Cruise" - Brisbane to Brisbane, Australia - 12 weeks on two different P&O ships, Oriana and Arcadia - with a White Christmas in-between....UK 2010

A review of our 28 day cruise to Tahiti on Pacific Pearl.... Pacific Pearl to Tahiti

Pics of our "3 Queens" cruise with Cunard--May/Jun 2012...Plane, Cunard and train to Germany

Pics of our 14 nights on Voyager of the Seas -- to NZ...On a BIG ship to NZ

A report of the inaugural cruise by Pacific Dawn to Papua New Guinea ports...Pacific Dawn to PNG

Ships sailed on since 2007

P&O Pacific Star
P&O Pacific Sun x 2
P&O Pacific Dawn x 3
P&O Pacific Pearl
P&O Pacific Aria
P&O Oriana
P&O Arcadia
Cunard Queen Victoria
Cunard Queen Elizabeth x 2
Cunard Queen Mary 2 x 2
RCCL Voyager of the Seas
RCCL Radiance of the Seas
Carnival Spirit
Sea Princess
Sun Princess
NCL Pride of America
Vale of Glamorgan
4,154 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
6am on QV recently but the Cunard website says typically from 8am.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
SE Queensland, Australia
5,485 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by Host Hattie
6am on QV recently but the Cunard website says typically from 8am.
Thanks --- who goes to the gym at 8AM - half the day is over!!! Even 6AM is too late!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
A Blog of our unusual "World Cruise" - Brisbane to Brisbane, Australia - 12 weeks on two different P&O ships, Oriana and Arcadia - with a White Christmas in-between....UK 2010

A review of our 28 day cruise to Tahiti on Pacific Pearl.... Pacific Pearl to Tahiti

Pics of our "3 Queens" cruise with Cunard--May/Jun 2012...Plane, Cunard and train to Germany

A report of the inaugural cruise by Pacific Dawn to Papua New Guinea ports...Pacific Dawn to PNG

P&O Pacific Star
P&O Pacific Sun x 2
P&O Pacific Dawn x 3
P&O Pacific Pearl
P&O Pacific Aria
P&O Oriana
P&O Arcadia
Cunard Queen Victoria
Cunard Queen Mary 2 x 2
RCCL Voyager of the Seas
Carnival Spirit
Sea Princess
Sun Princess
NCL Pride of America
Pennsylvania
6,214 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I was surprised not to find gym hours published anywhere in the Daily Programmes from my most recent cruise. My memory is 6:00 or 6:30.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 8 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
ms Eurodam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise
6 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Without wanting to stir up any dress code dramas, can I ask how this works with changing etc? I have taken the dress code to mean gym wear only really to be worn in the gym (similar to swimwear only acceptable at pools), so do people change there before & after, or is it ok to be kitted out on the way to & from your cabin? And are the gym showers usable, or best to go straight back to your own in the cabin?

Not quite sure how I'll fit it in before breakfast, but looking at the food & drink offers I feel I'll need to make at least some sort of effort at exercise or I'll need a crane to get me off!
SE Queensland, Australia
5,485 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by OffTheRails
Without wanting to stir up any dress code dramas, can I ask how this works with changing etc? I have taken the dress code to mean gym wear only really to be worn in the gym (similar to swimwear only acceptable at pools), so do people change there before & after, or is it ok to be kitted out on the way to & from your cabin? And are the gym showers usable, or best to go straight back to your own in the cabin?

Not quite sure how I'll fit it in before breakfast, but looking at the food & drink offers I feel I'll need to make at least some sort of effort at exercise or I'll need a crane to get me off!
I regard gym wear to be much the same as onboard daily wear - shorts, t-shirt, shoes and socks!! After my daily workout my gym wear will still be very much like what everybody else is wearing - but I won't smell very nice. On that basis alone I will use the stairs rather than the lifts!! But no - I won't be wearing different clothes .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

P&O Pacific Star
P&O Pacific Sun x 2
P&O Pacific Dawn x 3
P&O Pacific Pearl
P&O Pacific Aria
P&O Oriana
P&O Arcadia
Cunard Queen Victoria
Cunard Queen Mary 2 x 2
RCCL Voyager of the Seas
Carnival Spirit
Sea Princess
Sun Princess
NCL Pride of America
Pennsylvania
6,214 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I wear gym clothes to and from the gym and change & shower in my room. I'm up at ~6:30 (whatever the time is when the gym opens) and back to my room within about an hour.

If one uses the gym later in the day the gym can be reached via stateroom corridors and the "A" lifts, minimizing one's need to pass through sanctified public spaces.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 8 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
ms Eurodam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise