The Lion afternoon tea

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:59 AM.
UK
4,340 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
The Golden Lion serves a pub lunch between 12.00 and 2.30pm which is free. You just pay for drinks. They don't serve afternoon tea.

Afternoon tea is served in the Queens Room at 3.30pm and is free.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE - Iberia - June 2018
QE - Canaries & Madeira - October 2017
QV - Amsterdam & Bruges - June 2017
QE - Spain & Portugal - September 2016
QM2 - Hamburg - July 2016
QE - Mediterranean 16 days - August 2015
QV - Lusitania Remembered May 2015 (3 Queens Soton)
QE - Christmas markets - December 2014
QM2 - Transatlantic roundtrip via Halifax - June 2014
QM2 - Fjords - July 2013
QV - Fjords - July 2012 (3 Queens Southampton)
QE - Spring Getaway - May 2012
QE - Maiden Baltic & St Petersburg - May 2011
QV - Norwegian Wonders - July 2010
QV - Spring Getaway - April 2010
QV - Gallic Getaway - October 2009
QM2 - Iberian Odyssey - July 2009
QM2 - Hamburg - August 2008
Vale of Glamorgan
4,753 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
The Lion's Share was going to be the special afternoon tea on QE & QV, I didn't see any sign of it being offered last time we were onboard but it was only a short trip and we didn't spend a great deal of time in the pub.
It's showing on the Cunard website.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK
4,340 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Host Hattie
The Lion's Share was going to be the special afternoon tea on QE & QV, I didn't see any sign of it being offered last time we were onboard but it was only a short trip and we didn't spend a great deal of time in the pub.
It's showing on the Cunard website.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've never heard of that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE - Iberia - June 2018
QE - Canaries & Madeira - October 2017
QV - Amsterdam & Bruges - June 2017
QE - Spain & Portugal - September 2016
QM2 - Hamburg - July 2016
QE - Mediterranean 16 days - August 2015
QV - Lusitania Remembered May 2015 (3 Queens Soton)
QE - Christmas markets - December 2014
QM2 - Transatlantic roundtrip via Halifax - June 2014
QM2 - Fjords - July 2013
QV - Fjords - July 2012 (3 Queens Southampton)
QE - Spring Getaway - May 2012
QE - Maiden Baltic & St Petersburg - May 2011
QV - Norwegian Wonders - July 2010
QV - Spring Getaway - April 2010
QV - Gallic Getaway - October 2009
QM2 - Iberian Odyssey - July 2009
QM2 - Hamburg - August 2008
South Wales
234 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
It's called The Lions Share and is on Queen Victoria. More savouries and beer served with it.
Sue
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Vale of Glamorgan
4,753 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
There is no price mentioned in this thread either

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2548576

The Lion's Share
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
5 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
It was available last week on QV. I didn't succumb (no room!) but it did look quite substantial and the Queen's Room tea is more our style...
--
plod
Vale of Glamorgan
4,753 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by plod1
It was available last week on QV. I didn't succumb (no room!) but it did look quite substantial and the Queen's Room tea is more our style...
--
plod
Thanks, did you notice how much it was ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

247 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Here are the menus and the price ( $25) from the Queen Elizabeth...and the Queen Mary 2 so I suspect the Queen Victoria is similar.

Queen Elizabeth

QM2

tmee
Iowa
1,872 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Thanks, tmee. That's good news that "The Lion's Share" is now available on QM2. The initial roll-out announcement last September only indicated it was going to be available on QE and QV at that time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017) ... Queen Mary 2, Norway Fjords (2018)

Vale of Glamorgan
4,753 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thank you very much, let us know what it's like if you try it Sue.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

247 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Originally posted by bluemarble
Thanks, tmee. That's good news that "The Lion's Share" is now available on QM2. The initial roll-out announcement last September only indicated it was going to be available on QE and QV at that time.
You are welcome. The QM2 sailing I was on, was last November (2017.) So, they may have been testing to see how it would go?

tmee
Lincolnshire, UK
77 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Does anyone know if the afternoon tea or lunch in the pub has any veggie options? Looking at the menus can't see anything . I wanted to try the fish and chips but nothing available for veggie hubby
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Vale of Glamorgan
4,753 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
This was lunch on QV last month, Portobello Wellington was the vegetarian option.
IMG_20180323_123107.jpg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

New Jersey
9,807 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by majortom10
Sorry would have no interest in paying $25 when Queens Room Afternoon Tea is excellent and a great atmosphere.
I'm inclined to agree. I do love beer and it's fun to taste a flight, but at afternoon tea, I believe that one should drink TEA. And maybe a flute of bubbly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy
The THIRD generation in my family to sail on a Cunarder
22 QE2 - including 2 Midnight Sun, 2 Panama Canal, 6 TAs, 4 Canada/New England, and various Caribbean, Bermuda, Europe itineraries
11 QM2 - 7 TAs, Caribbean, Royal Circumnavigation of Australia, Canada
1 Caronia - Baltic
12 HAL -Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, Alaska
1 Princess
2 RCCL
5 NCL - including 2 on SS Norway (RIP)
1 Uniworld River Cruise (Tulips and Windmills)
1 American Cruise Line - Queen of the West, Columbia & Snake Rivers
UK
208 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by 3rdGenCunarder
I'm inclined to agree. I do love beer and it's fun to taste a flight, but at afternoon tea, I believe that one should drink TEA. And maybe a flute of bubbly.
I agree. Doesn't appeal to me at all. It does just make you wonder, though, whether there will come a time when afternoon tea in the Queens Room is no longer 'free' but also comes at a charge...
New Jersey
9,807 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by Wordzz
I agree. Doesn't appeal to me at all. It does just make you wonder, though, whether there will come a time when afternoon tea in the Queens Room is no longer 'free' but also comes at a charge...
Shhhh! Don't give anyone any ideas!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy
The THIRD generation in my family to sail on a Cunarder
22 QE2 - including 2 Midnight Sun, 2 Panama Canal, 6 TAs, 4 Canada/New England, and various Caribbean, Bermuda, Europe itineraries
11 QM2 - 7 TAs, Caribbean, Royal Circumnavigation of Australia, Canada
1 Caronia - Baltic
12 HAL -Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, Alaska
1 Princess
2 RCCL
5 NCL - including 2 on SS Norway (RIP)
1 Uniworld River Cruise (Tulips and Windmills)
1 American Cruise Line - Queen of the West, Columbia & Snake Rivers